More transfer rumours

midds

20 minutes ago, STM said:

If Dan Ashworth can't out manoeuvre a skint Everton, something is seriously amiss.

Yes Lampard might know Broja but if we lay down our plan on the table, in comparison to Evertons and he decides to join Everton, well perhaps he's not a player we should be persuing.

True, but it would be stupid not to acknowledge that Lampard might have an advantage here with his previous Chelsea relationships.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

In terms of Clark, he turned down the chance to go to Boro in January on loan, hardly have to his family would he.

Ever been to boro? It’d be like the hunger games where he went to work.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

We'll ahve to let players go for free and subsidise their contracts until their term with us is finished.

Exactly the way I see it - you all of a sudden get new multi billionaire owners in overnight and kick off a new project when the books are padded out with mundane players, you can’t expect them to run out like rats from a sinking ship.

30 minutes ago, Nine said:

Since its Chelsea they will surely prefer to deal with fat frank than us, shame as I'd like to see Broja here 

Depends who they think will get the better out of him.. I know which manager and coaching staff I'd want one of my young players to play under.... and it ain't Frank lampard

47 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Not in the short term, no. Broja wouldn't launch us into the top six.

But we are a long-term threat. The financial stability of the top six does rest on them getting regular European football. I assume other clubs are interested in Broja as well, in which case Chelsea might say to him you can leave, but not to the Mags. 

We haven't signed a player from the top six yet, either on loan or through buying.

We haven’t signed a player from the top six because we haven’t tried surely - not because they won’t sell.

we’re years away from being a top six team yet and I’m personally fine with that.

2 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Depends who they think will get the better out of him.. I know which manager and coaching staff I'd want one of my young players to play under.... and it ain't Frank lampard

Really nice thought but I think they’ll prefer to help fatty out personally.

While the idea of the loan structure is great for small clubs or in our case in previous years, an owner with zero ambition, why should we develop players belonging to another club, a rival club.. a loan is fine if there’s an obligation or option to buy at the end of it, but not if we’re just doing their work for them.

12 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

They wont be keen to loan to us anyway and thats without the links that Lampard has to that club, sadly Everton have a massive advantage with this deal

5 minutes ago, astraguy said:

surprised gayle hasn't moved on tbh,seen no interest 

Don’t think anyone can afford his wages. Surprised we haven’t discussed the moral decisions around him not moving on more in here to be honest.

Edited by Gawalls

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

As little as he offers I suppose there's a risk in moving him on before we get in any new forward players.

Dont think thats the problem. Hes on good money. Clubs dont want to pay him that amount and the player himself wont give his money away late in his career.

Not sure I buy the reports saying we were going to slow down so Eddie could assess our attacking options. What does he have to assess, apart from Anderson? We’re surely working extremely hard to make some deals happen. If we’re really in for Broja it’ll come out soon 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Dont think thats the problem. Hes on good money. Clubs dont want to pay him that amount and the player himself wont give his money away late in his career.

I don't think it's unusual for players to be loaned out with only a proportion of their wages paid or for the selling club to subsidise the player's wage. I doubt that would be a major problem. We're probably just in the process of negotiation or waiting for other deals to go through first. There will be ways to move those players on rather than just having them sit their contracts out outside of the squad. 

23 minutes ago, astraguy said:

surprised gayle hasn't moved on tbh,seen no interest 

He's the one I thought would've been snapped up by now. His lengthy contract here may be the issue, depends how motivated he is to leave. 

Says alot about Hayden that he clearly wanted to leave for first team football and did so fairly sharpish.

8 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

To be fair to Frank, he brought through Mount, Tammy, Tomori, and James in the Premier League when he was at Chelsea.

I could see them sending Broja over there, especially if they are not fully prepared to sell him, and instead want to see more of him getting playing time in the Premier League somewhere else.

If Chelsea do decide that they want to sell him outright and get some money, then I think we are more likely to then get preference, with an initial loan with an obligation/option to buy.

Everything’s ground to a halt. Surely we could sell Murphy, with Gayle he would have picked up a suitor from the championship with a bit more game time I reckon. Ritchie we might need to loan out and pay a lot of his wages

Just now, gbandit said:

Everything’s ground to a halt. Surely we could sell Murphy, with Gayle he would have picked up a suitor from the championship with a bit more game time I reckon. Ritchie we might need to loan out and pay a lot of his wages

Do you think things have ground to a halt or that they've learned how to keep things quiet ?

Just now, gbandit said:

We need to get that cunt agent of Ekitike’s to take on some of our dead wood as clients 

Why ? He doesn't seem very good at getting moves even for players wanted by other clubs.