More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

Chelsea have received a €40M bid from Newcastle United for Armando Broja. Clubs are in contact, but the Blues don't want to sell this month. [TuttoMercatoWeb] #nufc

Now that would be an absolutely brilliant signing 

Euros? Where did the £40m come from?

19 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Who the fuck would pay for Brighton's supporters section? Like if Waitrose sold atmosphere :lol:

Happy clappers man. Clubs like Brighton with grounds like theirs are a dime a dozen in this country

File under 25,000-30,000 seater generic dispensable club. QPR, Wigan, Norwich, Sheffield United etc etc etc the list goes on...

Edited by Amir_9

I've never seen him play but everyone raving about him - He's got 5 in 18 for Southampton this season and 10 in 30 for Vitesse last year.  That's a slightly worse record (though similar) than Chris Wood overall in his career, and worse than Chris Wood specifically for Burnley.

Both are 6'3", so his height isn't even unique. What am I missing here? Again, not seen him play so these are genuine questions.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I've never seen him play but everyone raving about him - He's got 5 in 18 for Southampton this season and 10 in 30 for Vitesse last year.  That's a slightly worse record (though similar) than Chris Wood overall in his career, and worse than Chris Wood specifically for Burnley.

Both are 6'3", so his height isn't even unique. What am I missing here? Again, not seen him play so these are genuine questions.

I think he's started 10 for Southampton, rest is sub

Although he's tall he's not really a typical or classic big man, he's quick and direct, beats players well and is a good finisher

He's definitely a talent, based on the little I've seen of both Broja over Ekitike 

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, the guy looks like he has got everything. Think he's a frightening talent. Don't think Chelsea will be letting him go to anyone.

They won't. It's a bizarre story, we could probably offer £80m and they'd still tell us to do one. 

27 minutes ago, TRon said:

They won't. It's a bizarre story, we could probably offer £80m and they'd still tell us to do one. 

Just speculating here...but won't Chelsea be one of the main losers under FIFA's new loan anti-stockpiling measure?  It might come in for July 2022.  They're looking to limit overseas loans at 8 from this year, 7 the next year, finally 6 the following year.

Chelsea have around 22 players out on loan - not sure of how many of those count (many are probably under-21's or domestic loans).

Just wondering if they're going to need to dump quite a few players on the market quite quickly.

Edited by wibble