Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Let's see what happens now we don't have the leverage to demand £100m.

Would love to see the lad turning out for us again next season, but a bit worried that he'll have been playing relentlessly for ages, come the end of Copa America. 

We need to become less reliant on him whether we sell him or don't.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Would love to see the lad turning out for us again next season, but a bit worried that he'll have been playing relentlessly for ages, come the end of Copa America. 

thats what i'm worried about.

also if we need to keep minteh we may need to sacrifice bruno.

20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We can still demand £100m. We can demand whatever we want. 

30 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I agree that if we sell him we need to become less reliant on him.

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

We can still demand £100m. We can demand whatever we want. 

Sure, but you've got to consider the player too. I don't see the disappearance of a release clause as a guarantee of anything; at least when it's there, we can say "£100m or fuck off" without upsetting the player. He agreed to have the clause there. 

But if Bruno is tempted by a move to someone like Man City or PSG then any reasonable offer is absolutely going to test our resolve. I live in hope that he wouldn't be interested, he clearly loves it here. I just find any celebration of this moment potentially a bit short-sighted.

Look the club could decide to sell for a lower figure. The release clause was clearly a calculated risk because they knew that

a) Bruno doesn't really want to go but could be tempted by a move to Real Madrid or so

b) Bruno didn't want to sign a contract that would prevent him making that move

The club made him available to clubs at that level at a price that is completely reasonable for a player of his talent (see fee for Grealish lol). The club can now turn to Bruno when Man City come in with an £80m bid and say if they really wanted you they could have signed you start of window, we're not entertaining it as preseason has started, we're running out of time to find replacements and we want you in the team. Bruno genuinely loves the club and if he went wouldn't want to go screwing us with a lower price than his release clause. 

The only nagging thing is the reports that we did need to sell by end of june to meet FFP. I wonder if clubs are refusing to buy off us before July to screw us on FFP, but the club hasn't given off any vibes of desperation to sell anyone.

Edited by Tiresias

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Look if the club could decide to sell for a lower figure. The release clause was clearly a calculated risk because they knew that

a) Bruno doesn't really want to go but could be tempted by a move to Real Madrid or so

b) Bruno didn't want to sign a contract that would prevent him making that move

The club made him available to clubs at that level at a price that is completely reasonable for a player of his talent (see fee for Grealish lol). The club can now turn to Bruno when Man City come in with an £80m bid and say if they really wanted you they could have signed you start of window, we're not entertaining it as preseason has started, we're running out of time to find replacements and we want you in the team. Bruno genuinely loves the club and if he went wouldn't want to go screwing us with a lower price than his release clause. 

The only nagging thing is the reports that we did need to sell by end of june to meet FFP. I wonder if clubs are refusing to buy off us before July to screw us on FFP, but the club hasn't given off any vibes of desperation to sell anyone.

It's the Cabaye to Arsenal story. No idea if it was ever confirmed or not but it was said that they had the Arsenal negotiator on speaker who said our asking price was "too much for a back-up midfielder".

We set the release clause at a price a Man City or Real Madrid could have afforded to pay if they really wanted him. They (and others) have spent that on players before and they will do again. 

Bruno loves us and wants to have our babies.

My best guess, the club agreed that if a sugar daddy wants his hot piece of ass for a cool hundred mil this June then fine. We get a boatload of cash and time to plan to replace him.

Otherwise, he's here for this year to try and get us back to the land of milk and honey. He is, after all, quite literally the figurative heartbeat of the team. So hard to replace him, our squad's not fleshed out enough yet to lose a world class player and cope easily IMO.

If by next summer global warming's curdled the milk and killed off all the bees then there'll probably be a conversation with his representatives about what fee we might accept. But he'll be club captain by then and we'll have named a children's hospital and samba school after him and big Joe. He'll be in too deep.

Anyway, saying all that Man City will probably buy him for 80 million on 1st July.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sure, but you've got to consider the player too. I don't see the disappearance of a release clause as a guarantee of anything; at least when it's there, we can say "£100m or fuck off" without upsetting the player. He agreed to have the clause there. 

But if Bruno is tempted by a move to someone like Man City or PSG then any reasonable offer is absolutely going to test our resolve. I live in hope that he wouldn't be interested, he clearly loves it here. I just find any celebration of this moment potentially a bit short-sighted.

I’ve just been of the opinion that he’s not going this summer at least. From his quotes he’s happy to stay but pragmatic that it’s basically down to the club. He won’t agitate for a move. Imo he’ll stay and get us back into the Champions League. 

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

I’ve just been of the opinion that he’s not going this summer at least. From his quotes he’s happy to stay but pragmatic that it’s basically down to the club. He won’t agitate for a move. Imo he’ll stay and get us back into the Champions League. 

Then he’s here for the long haul! 

Aside from trophies and regular champions league, the club and fans are providing everything he needs to flourish in life. The rest will come.

Of our stars, I can’t think of anyone more dedicated to the cause. If he gets made captain, he’ll revel in that responsibility.

Was so impressed with how he changed his game slightly to not get booked for so long last season.. he’s still got a lot of improvement in his game which is a scary thought.

18 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Aside from trophies and regular champions league, the club and fans are providing everything he needs to flourish in life. The rest will come.

Of our stars, I can’t think of anyone more dedicated to the cause. If he gets made captain, he’ll revel in that responsibility.

Was so impressed with how he changed his game slightly to not get booked for so long last season.. he’s still got a lot of improvement in his game which is a scary thought.

👆🏻This.

Just now, madras said:

Have our friends down the road used this as proof that he's shit yet?

Lacks ambition. Happy to play for tin pot club. Happy to accept blood money. Happy to play for Beheadie Howe etc...

12 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Yes and if he was sold for let's say 60m then to me it just proves the club intended to sell him and only put a clause in to get maximum value.

Why in the world would we sell him for 60m :lol:

13 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

It's obviously a good thing.  If a 100 million offer had come in we would have had to let Bruno go if he wanted. Now we can tell Arsenal or anyone else to bugger off regardless of whether they offer 30 million or 300 million and whether he wants to leave or not. 

don't do that - people won't have anything to worry about or judge the club for.