Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 hours ago, Ash2579 said:

He’s class no doubt about it, he just looks a bit one paced and sluggish

Hopefully just needs a few games

Tonali coming in should help the burden and take the limelight off him

Aye. Hopefully it’s a lack of match sharpness. He wasn’t himself out there. That one where Watkins nabbed the ball from him, at his best he anticipates the challenge and quickens up. 

Bit too much wedding chocolate it seems this summer ?

For the benefit of those not in attendance he was never booed so not sure where that came from? A below par performance so prediction of a massive decline? What guff ?

I think being booked for an imaginary yellow is a stupid rule too by the way. No difference between that, and when the likes of Almiron were protesting to the ref for Martinez to be sent-off rather than just booked, just one is verbal, one is a gesture. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think being booked for an imaginary yellow is a stupid rule too by the way. No difference between that, and when the likes of Almiron were protesting to the ref for Martinez to be sent-off rather than just booked, just one is verbal, one is a gesture. 

Was Botman's booking for dissent as well? Might be Mag goggles but it made me wonder if refs have been told to be wary of our shithousery; it's not like the imaginary card always results in a booking.

Agree that it's a disproportionately heavy punishment even if I think it's a bit of a wankery gesture. Let it contribute to a 'cumulative misdemeanors' card, sure.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

When did he have his baby?

Around the time his form started to dip iirc so along with ankle issue sleepless nights won’t be ideal. Not sure if you know but his wife is pregnant again so might take a while before his form returns ?

Bruno was more than fine. He was key in our 3rd with his press breaking run and pass to Gordon. He made mistakes like all players do. He’ll get back to it sooner than later. 

people love just picking every single mistake yet never just accept that people have them. Jesus. 

Edited by Kanji

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Around the time his form started to dip iirc so along with ankle issue sleepless nights won’t be ideal. Not sure if you know but his wife is pregnant again so might take a while before his form returns ?

Feck. 

He hasn’t been at his best towards the end of last season. I hoped he would start this season on fire but he was sloppy again.  

I think he had a rough end to the season with his ankle. Like any player that's of his level he has one or two little foibles to work through, but he's still an outrageously good footballer and a big part of our midfield. 

I think he wants to be creating more, and Tonali should in time free him up to do that. Yesterday his role was to shield and connect passes at the back. 

Edited by Viana

Wish some would stop looking for a weak link and just trust the manager and his team.

He's not quite firing on all cylinders but he's doing well, and he's surrounded by better players now also.

He stood out like a sore thumb when he arrived.

Just fucking enjoy it, players have lulls in form. He's still loving it here, look at his fucking celebration and hair ffs.

39 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I actually thought he was more than ok yesterday, did some very decent things (Isac's second goal) and won quite a few free kicks. 

Forced a save that led to the first goal and won the free kick for the second.

I am so excited to watch these three in midfield, hopefully for a long time.

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

Bruno was more than fine. He was key in our 3rd with his press breaking run and pass to Gordon. He made mistakes like all players do. He’ll get back to it sooner than later. 

people love just picking every single mistake yet never just accept that people have them. Jesus. 

I don't think it's that, just because he plays in such a pivotal area of the pitch, if he gets robbed of the ball it often leads to a goal chance for the opposition. At the same time, if he rides the challenge successfully, like he does 90% of the time, he is usually in a great position to set us going.

This place is proper irking me now with the over analysis, making up reasons to slag people off or find the most detailed minute criticisms. It’s the first bloody fucking match of the season. 

I don't think he was terrible overall but was below his level. 

This isn't a pile on after just one bad game but I have thought for quite awhile that I don't think he will ever reach elite level purely due to his athleticism. He's a great technical player and plays with intelligence most of the time but he's just not blessed physically like some of the great elite players have been. 

But hopefully that just means he will spend the best years of his career here and not at Real or Barca or somewhere. 

23 minutes ago, Kanji said:

This place is proper irking me now with the over analysis, making up reasons to slag people off or find the most detailed minute criticisms. It’s the first bloody fucking match of the season. 

Usually our fans over exaggerate both positive and negative things in my opinion and I put it down to us being quite an emotional fan base. I think 9 times out of 10 the answer is somewhere in the middle.