Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

35 minutes ago, Kanji said:

This place is proper irking me now with the over analysis, making up reasons to slag people off or find the most detailed minute criticisms. It’s the first bloody fucking match of the season. 

A lot of posters on here simply have a surface level understanding of football, which is why they can only see things in the binary. Best not to worry about it.

30 minutes ago, KDT said:

Ahh yes the old let’s pick holes in a non existent problem because there’s a shiny new thing that looks good because we can’t be happy with both.

https://twitter.com/filuslucas/status/1690799316816814080?s=46&t=pg2S-JmfDe1ABL-7EVnjeA

Interesting. I was probably a shade harsh on him after watching this. Lots of the things I love, he just looked a bit frustrated at points. 

I think regardless he'll have some real fun in the games where we're touching 60% possession and Tonali can offer another point of focus. 

9 minutes ago, alexf said:

I don't think he was terrible overall but was below his level. 

This isn't a pile on after just one bad game but I have thought for quite awhile that I don't think he will ever reach elite level purely due to his athleticism. He's a great technical player and plays with intelligence most of the time but he's just not blessed physically like some of the great elite players have been. 

But hopefully that just means he will spend the best years of his career here and not at Real or Barca or somewhere. 

He’s not the most athletic but at his best he thinks a split second faster than others. 

Sometimes he’s a bit sloppy and erratic.  

42 minutes ago, Viana said:

Interesting. I was probably a shade harsh on him after watching this. Lots of the things I love, he just looked a bit frustrated at points. 

I think regardless he'll have some real fun in the games where we're touching 60% possession and Tonali can offer another point of focus. 

Think that was more down to the fact he came up against a more than capable opponent in Douglas Luiz.

He was fine, pretty damn good infact. Absolute codswallop to state anything different tbh.

1 hour ago, christ said:

A lot of posters on here simply have a surface level understanding of football, which is why they can only see things in the binary. Best not to worry about it.

Bruno was class nit as good as Tonali but there’s going to be more hate from “new” quarters trying to divide us. Newcastle United will never be defeated!

41 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Counterpoint, the critique is the crying 

Once again, it's an absolute constant with a minority on here. I'll see someone poster, and wonder what negative they will highlight immediately. To deny that is absurd. 

This is the most down I have felt in ages. I am locked in an endless ordeal of color correction for something that may not even ever get seen, and I count my lucky stars that I am not as miserable as a few appear on here.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

35 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Think that was more down to the fact he came up against a more than capable opponent in Douglas Luiz.

He was fine, pretty damn good infact. Absolute codswallop to state anything different tbh.

Bruno was better than all the Villa midfielders. I thought Luiz and Kamara were good in patches but neither was good enough without the ball.

Bruno exceeded their level.  Playing better than your opponents should be enough like……

I thought he was fairly poor when watching the game, half-cut on Saturday. Since seen the extended highlights and the Bruno reel on Twitter. I think he looked quality. 

Some loose stuff with the ball and caught in possession a few times. But he has set the bar so high. That a 7 from him seems like a bad or below par performance. 

At the end of last season he started to get caught with the ball, but he had the excuse of the ankle injury.

It could also be that teams have worked out that he likes to hold on to the ball, small details in how to dispossess the opposition. Players will be studied to the nth degree...

He needs to adapt or get out of the dip as soon as possible as he is the fulcrum of our team, what makes us tick!

9 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Twitter ITK claiming he returned overweight and in poor shape for pre-season.

Not saying he didn't, but the directive for him and his ankle (and his wedding) was to rest yourself and enjoy.  People love making shit up though. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He was gaming last night with Tonali at about midnight, according to his instagram :lol:

Whilst ordering UberEats, and munching on bowls of wotsits, ice cream and full fat coke…?