Bruno Guimarães: £100M release clause has expired (Various)

Fantail Breeze

If there were any questions about his performances in big matches (i was once worried about that, earlier this season) that's been destroyed. Clearly he was just having some shit form earlier in the season; he's easily a top 5 CM in football. He's fucking elite. He makes 10 other player better around him. IMHO he's the best midfielder in the PL. 

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If there were any questions about his performances in big matches (i was once worried about that, earlier this season) that's been destroyed. Clearly he was just having some shit form earlier in the season; he's easily a top 5 CM in football. He's fucking elite. He makes 10 other player better around him. IMHO he's the best midfielder in the PL. 

I know he’s currently injured and Pep plays him all over the place when he’s fit, anyway. But a better midfielder than De Bruyne?! 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I know he’s currently injured and Pep plays him all over the place when he’s fit, anyway. But a better midfielder than De Bruyne?! 

Forgot about KDB given his injury! So i'll just say one of the best in the PL. 

He is one of the most heart on sleeve players I've seen. I do think he is probably struggling to motivate himself away at Nottingham forest in the league and plays at half speed, which is still better than most. Magnificent last night.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Forgot about KDB given his injury! So i'll just say one of the best in the PL. 

Always subjective these things and fans will always be biased, anyway. The likes of Odegaard, Rodri, Rat Bruno, KDB are all brilliant for different reasons, for example. 

Not comparing them as players or even their styles. But Bruno kind of reminds me of Modric when he was at Spurs. When they sold him to Real Madrid. Everyone pointed to his low number of goals and assists the season prior. Was like 2 and 1, from memory. But he is/was so much more than that. You can’t just judge every midfielder on G/A numbers alone. Bruno is the same. 

Just need more technical players with great awareness and IQ around him. A slight lack of technical ability here and there is the reason we fail to control games at times. Especially when tired you can see an even bigger difference.

Edited by Ikon

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

Just need more technical players with great awareness and IQ around him. A slight lack of technical ability here and there is the reason we fail to control games at times. Especially when tired you can see an even bigger difference.

Would love to see us with a bernardo silva/barella in midfield...Though we seem to prefer pace and power in our midfield looking at our options, though that could change in future windows 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

mate Nico Williams signed a new contract today. Will you just let it go?

Once he signs on a free transfer aye. 

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

New interviewer?

Damien Spellman I think? Regular in the pressers.

Not really sure why the likes of him and Andy Laughs At His Own Jokes Sixsmith turn up on NUFCTV. Guess our media team, like everything else, is just bare bones.