Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, Minhosa said:

Obviously can't say for certain but I felt he just pulled out of a few situations tonight that he's previously not done and can only imagine that potential suspension was playing on his mind.

It's his favourite competition and I can't imagine he'd want to miss a minute, let alone a game tbh.

Well he’s going to miss all of it. 

I shouted in real time ‘you can’t let him do that’. Unless you’re on a yellow, you take that foul. 

I think it was fatigue mainly. But that was an example of our lack of nous.  Poor decision making.  

2 hours ago, 500bhp said:

Cant believe I'm saying this but would his £100m release clause fee be better used to buy £300m(?) of new players under FFP. He cant shoot, has no pace, cant tackle and is often found wanting in the most important games. He's a brilliant player for teams challenging 4th-7th but PIF want more than this. A midfield of Bruno, JoL and Longstaff/Miley/Tonali is too slow and cannot break up attacks. 

Hahaha yes. Enjoy your pink slice son.

Had Bruno’s shot gone in, that would have eclipsed any noise made at SJP in a decade I assume, imho. Our key midfield general curling in from the top of the box that I still can’t understand how Mike got his hand onto. 

13 hours ago, 500bhp said:

Cant believe I'm saying this but would his £100m release clause fee be better used to buy £300m(?) of new players under FFP. He cant shoot, has no pace, cant tackle and is often found wanting in the most important games. He's a brilliant player for teams challenging 4th-7th but PIF want more than this. A midfield of Bruno, JoL and Longstaff/Miley/Tonali is too slow and cannot break up attacks. 

Read some bad takes on here over the years, this is up there.

46 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Had Bruno’s shot gone in, that would have eclipsed any noise made at SJP in a decade I assume, imho. Our key midfield general curling in from the top of the box that I still can’t understand how Mike got his hand onto. 

Like Allison's save against Miggy this season also touched on to the bar.

Totally different complexion on our season if they go in. 

Of course such fine margins are quickly forgotten in favour of easy narratives - especially  from people that want to see Newcastle fail.

Edited by Ginola14

19 hours ago, Kanji said:

God how I wish it had gone in. It was his best shot for a long time - it deserved to go in. 

Was such a good game to watch really however heartbreaking it was. Do or die. 

On 13/12/2023 at 22:10, Shak said:

Was class, if he'd got the winner it would have been amazing.

I'm absolutely mystified that anyone still wants to play him in one of the #8 roles for us though, he looks absolutely awful trying to run with the ball at full speed :lol:

Never seen someone with his technical ability also see it matched by a quicksand affliction when moving with the ball 

We are far worse without Bruno (in fact, we don’t win), but I wouldn’t be upset at all by any player sold for the betterment of the club.  I doubt that the current ownership or Howe would be doing anything where it wasn’t in the best interests of the team generally.

Not saying he is going to be sold, just that I wouldn’t be worried about it.  I support Newcastle, not individual players.  

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We are far worse without Bruno (in fact, we don’t win), but I wouldn’t be upset at all by any player sold for the betterment of the club.  I doubt that the current ownership or Howe would be doing anything where it wasn’t in the best interests of the team generally.

Not saying he is going to be sold, just that I wouldn’t be worried about it.  I support Newcastle, not individual players.  

I get this, but it's a mixture for me. I want our players to be likeable, and we've got that at the moment. Bruno is one of the reasons I've managed to find my love for the club/team again. 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I get this, but it's a mixture for me. I want our players to be likeable, and we've got that at the moment. Bruno is one of the reasons I've managed to find my love for the club/team again. 

Aye, completely understand that.  He’s one of those players who comes in and he gets us.  The club, city, area etc.  Total buy-in.  It’s great when it happens - and no-one should be cynical about it; it really does happen.  Juninho was an incredible footballer, but the bloke genuinely loved Middlesbrough.  I lived most of my life 40 miles from that town, and couldn’t wait to leave the odd time I went :) 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I said similar a few posts up and got pelters! If, it's a big if, we reinvested the money wisely we could really kick on as other teams have after selling their top player. Villa for Grealish, Liverpool for Coutinho, West Ham for Rice but still early days for that one. I'm sure there's plenty of examples on the continent where clubs have received and reinvested massive fees from sales to PL clubs.

3 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

I said similar a few posts up and got pelters! If, it's a big if, we reinvested the money wisely we could really kick on as other teams have after selling their top player. Villa for Grealish, Liverpool for Coutinho, West Ham for Rice but still early days for that one. I'm sure there's plenty of examples on the continent where clubs have received and reinvested massive fees from sales to PL clubs.

Honestly, I think there is absolutely a logic in what you wrote - but of course people will react emotive given Bruno’s popularity.  FFP unfortunately forces these considerations.  I’ve never believed that the players we’d signed in the last two years were likely to be ‘long-term’ signings, due to FFP and the lack of genuinely saleable assets in the squad Howe inherited (though many will be worth far more now than then, thanks to his coaching).

I wouldn’t want to see Bruno sold, but if the club did then it would be for good reasons.  If Ashley sold him, my piss would be boiling. 

At the end of the day everyone's got a price - if someone offered us a billion pounds for Bruno who's turning it down?

They key question then should always be, what would your price be where you think there would be a net benefit to the club by selling him?

1 minute ago, Checko said:

At the end of the day everyone's got a price - if someone offered us a billion pounds for Bruno who's turning it down?

They key question then should always be, what would your price be where you think there would be a net benefit to the club by selling him?

£100m for Bruno now is different to £100m for Grealish in 2021. 

19 minutes ago, vexred said:

I read a bs article about Xavi wanting him at Barca. If they activate the release and he wants to go, I wish him the best. He isn't irreplaceable, and it would really help us with ffp. 

How many games have we won with him not in the team?

11 minutes ago, Shelveys Hair said:

How many games have we won with him not in the team?

I have no idea, we won games before he was here and we would if he left. Dan Ashworth could do a lot with the couple hundred million it frees up in ffp.