Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Really wanted Everton to go down but let's be honest non of the current bottom 3 would be missed like.

Yeah but if the current bottom 3 go down will you piss yourself laughing ?

Yeah, I don't really get the hoping Burnley win attitude, especially after those results yesterday. Leeds are obviously within touching distance of us, and Everton are 6 points behind with a game in hand, and doing well at home. If Burnley won here they would be seven behind, with a game in hand, and crucially they still play us at Turf Moor - which is still a little too close for comfort from my POV.

We obviously have the fixtures in next 3 to get the 3 or 4 points that should well and truly rubber stamp it (if Burnley were to win here), but if we passed them up and only picked up say 1, then that would put ridiculous pressure on the 3 very tough matches immediately following, and the last thing I'd want was that Burnley match to have anything riding on it.

We currently range from 20/1 to 50/1 to go down (before kick off here) so obviously in a very good position, but at the same time, when most peoples investment is at an all time high, and it's absolutely pivotal that we stay up, and for the first time in ages that we might actually be going places, rather than constant relegation scraps if we were to stay up, then I will be putting Newcastle before any desire to see Everton, or someone else, drop instead of Burnley, and the best thing from Newcastle's perspective is CLEARLY for Burnley not to win today.

Just turned it on and seeing Norwich winning but how are they doing, are they soaring like the canaries on the island or suffocating like the canaries down the mines?

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Just turned it on and seeing Norwich winning but how are they doing, are they soaring like the canaries on the island or suffocating like the canaries down the mines?

Started well but Burnley are taking control of the game. Championship quality all over though.

Just now, Alan Pardew said:

If these two go down who would you like to see us go for? For me

Burnley: Nick Pope and maybe Brownhill.

Norwich: no one

No one. Can do infinitely better elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

If these two go down who would you like to see us go for? For me

Burnley: Nick Pope and maybe Brownhill.

Norwich: no one

Pope would be a huge upgrade. I'd have another look at Tarkowski on a free if we're getting rid of Lascelles, Clark & Fernandez. McNeilfor the right price as well, still a player in there.

From Norwich, Aarons.