Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

3 minutes ago, LV said:

I still don’t forgive Forest for helping to fuck up our title bid in the mid 90s. But I can’t remember exactly what it was :lol:

Ian Woan??  

It was Graham Fenton and Cantona who fucked up that season :lol:

Just now, Bintang said:

It was Graham Fenton and Cantona who fucked up that season :lol:

Fenton and Cantona/ Scmeichel I remember but deep in my subconscious there is a rage against Forest and I can’t quite remember why :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_Newcastle_United_F.C._season#Premier_League

That run from mid to late Feb to the start of April was awful. Obviously some tough matches there, but to only lose 8 league matches in the whole season and 5 of them coming in that 8 game period, and only 7 points gained, was so disappointing. 

Absolutely outstanding home record that season - 17 wins, 1 draw (last game of the season) and the only loss being the Man Utd (Cantona / Schmeichel) one.

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

Woan definitely did something 

Woan twice.

1-1 in our 2nd last game of 1995/96.

Then scored twice in FA cup game the following season.

I've watched the 95-96 review back. And my dad (who didn't have a ST then) says that if he could experience a Newcastle season it's 95-96. Fucking masochist. How can you want to live through that post February? :lol: If that happened now or in the near future I wouldn't want to be seen in weeks. Fuck off. Fuck you Forest, Blackburn, Liverpool, Man Utd. Fuck you.

34 minutes ago, Paullow said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_Newcastle_United_F.C._season#Premier_League

That run from mid to late Feb to the start of April was awful. Obviously some tough matches there, but to only lose 8 league matches in the whole season and 5 of them coming in that 8 game period, and only 7 points gained, was so disappointing. 

Absolutely outstanding home record that season - 17 wins, 1 draw (last game of the season) and the only loss being the Man Utd (Cantona / Schmeichel) one.

Nobody ever mentions the Arsenal game, presumably because instead of the heartbreak narrative it was just a case of a dogshit performance. Awful.

22 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Nobody ever mentions the Arsenal game, presumably because instead of the heartbreak narrative it was just a case of a dogshit performance. Awful.

Ive completely wiped that one from my memory.

I can’t ever ever forgive Fenton though. He’s a Geordie! I’d have put it wide