Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Should be a ruling brought in about head injury stoppage, so the player has to leave the pitch for a 2 minute observation or something. We're guilty of it, as are other clubs, of feigning it just to stop breaks or whatever. 

Yesterday, in India, Kerala defeated Bengal to win the Santosh trophy. Here is the winning moment.

By the way only 25000 supporters, but impressive noise they generate. This took place in the Payyanad stadium. I love stadiums like this in India and other parts of the world.

No electronic scoreboards or advertising tiles. No service stands, no food or drinks. Just football. You go there, watch football and then return. 

I hope it is ok to post such updates in this thread. I know football in India is of lower league standards, but in places like Bengal, Kerala, Goa - the passion for the game is unbelievable. Just like in Europe, there are some historical and social contexts to some of the rivalries. If there is interest, I will post those things here when the games are occurring. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Paully said:

Looking forward to Bournemouth vs Forest tonight! Should be a cracker!

I like the Bournemouth lads on here and Parker is their manager and of course there is Howe, but I’d love to see Forest back up.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I like the Bournemouth lads on here and Parker is their manager and of course there is Howe, but I’d love to see Forest back up.

100% agree mate - must be late 90s since they were last in the top flight?

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Paully said:

Aye, did they go down with the mackems and Boro when we hammered them 5-0?

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Aye, did they go down with the mackems and Boro when we hammered them 5-0?

They went down 98/99.

Luton's ground is horrible but so unique I'm glad its still there. Got there for the 94 cup game, terraces above seating at one end, all exectuive boxes to the left, ramshackle old stand to the right and in the away end you basically have to walk through a regular house and up the stairs and across the back garden to get into.

I still don’t forgive Forest for helping to fuck up our title bid in the mid 90s. But I can’t remember exactly what it was :lol:

Ian Woan??  

Yeah, remember that well, despite just being 8 or 9. Thursday night, TV match (rarer those days), Beardsley put us in the lead in the first half I think, and then a great Woan equaliser to draw 1-1. Grim.