Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone think Neville always overly emphases on the negatives when Man U get done over (they were terrible) instead of praising how good the other team are?

Finally found his voice to criticise the manager today, which he failed to do despite OGS’s side putting in pathetic performances that far outweigh today.

9 hours ago, midds said:

Going right off Richards tbh, he's probably still a decent bloke but he's grandstanding now. At least you get the impression Keane's being genuine when he's like that after another Man U hiding. He gives a shit and it was real anger and common sense. Richards just did his premeditated characteristic belly laugh then started ranting and shouting at the ones talking sense. Prick move imo.  

I'm at the stage now where if Richards is a pundit I won't even watch the analysis, watching him burst out with laughter after Keanes rant yesterday was just uncomfortable and for him unprofessional 

28 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I really don't think Man Utd can be elite again with De Gea in goal.  He cannot sweep and is mediocre with the ball.  

The only reason we're not in league one right now is because of De Gea. He's one of the best goalkeepers in the world you crazy man.

Also:

image.thumb.png.919e562f0d8a757f9b576ca4046fb063.png

Ha, but try playing like a proper elite team with De Gea and see where you end up.  He's a quality shot stoper and rock solid keeper, but I bet any money Pep and Klopp would have him straight out the door if they were in charge.  He can't sweep a high defensive line and cannot use the ball at his feet.  His distribution in general is woeful.  Name me an elite club with a keeper that poor in those areas.

They would also bin AWB, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay and loads of others who just aren't elite and capable of retaining possession in their own half.

Like De Gea is by no means a priority to replace, but they'd better better off if they did find someone who can play football.

Edited by David Edgar

The reason Man Utd are in this mess is SAF getting to pick their next manager.  They're stuck in the past whilst Man City et al modernised.  

Now they've got a mess of a squad with loads of overpriced massive egos with no coherent philosophy.  At least Jose tried to stamp an identify on the club, even if he was archaic.  

They're right to not appoint until the summer, but they absolutely need to get a proper elite director in to set a 5 year plan and get a proper coach to set the philosophy.  Plus they need to bin half the squad :lol:  or they could get Ole back and carry on.  But seriously, they'll be fine in 5 years and competing at the top again if they modernise. 

10 hours ago, jack j said:

Mad thing about these twitter fans is half the daft fuckers lap this kind of shit up.

I saw someone the other day saying it’s nice to see our players interacting to each other more positively on social media now as if it isn’t some person/company running the account for them knocking out generic lines. 

39 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Ha, but try playing like a proper elite team with De Gea and see where you end up.  He's a quality shot stoper and rock solid keeper, but I bet any money Pep and Klopp would have him straight out the door if they were in charge.  He can't sweep a high defensive line and cannot use the ball at his feet.  His distribution in general is woeful.  Name me an elite club with a keeper that poor in those areas.

They would also bin AWB, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay and loads of others who just aren't elite and capable of retaining possession in their own half.

Like De Gea is by no means a priority to replace, but they'd better better off if they did find someone who can play football.

I do agree with this but at the moment they don't even have a manager playing like that so the keeper is less of a priority I would say

I'd say there are similarities with us and Dubravka, if we want to play a certain way and kick on then we have to upgrade on him

They have so many problems, which to the outsider are bliss!

The manager situation has been ongoing since alky nose left them, which believe it or not is ten years ago.

The players´body language is awful, they are always looking to blame others and the worst candidate is Bruno, always flailing his arms about in disgust and giving death stares to his team-mates, he is one of the worst culprits at the moment for not giving his all.

Both cavani and Ronaldo crying off with injuries seems totally suspect to me, Rangnicks comments also suggest he was as surprised.

Glad to see that they are stinking out that shiphole even more!! hahahaha

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

More problems for them

I'd have him here, would be a hell of a statement. Not because he's necessarily done that well in the last couple of years but because of his name and the fact he's at Man U.

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

I would 100% bin AWB and euthanise Maguire. Shaw is decent and I've never understood the hate for McTominay. He's a good player and is an important squad player. His main strength is retaining possession as well, it's Fred that gives the ball away all the time. Granted he's probably not good enough to start every game but there's no way a manager comes in and sees him as an issue.

De Gea, Dalot, Varane, McTominay, Bruno, Elanga and Sancho are the only ones I would say are important to keep. I'd be happy for the rest to go.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Rashford's been shite for a while.

:thup:

Being out of form is OK, but it's his attitude. If you watch him he just jogs about and never presses. He's one of the fittest players we have he should be chasing everything.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Rashford's been shite for a while.

Injuries, playing out of position etc. He’s a great player IMO. Needs to stop feeding the kids of the world though, leave that crap to the politicians…

Another problem (since they resigned him, in all honesty). Goals at the start of the season doesn’t mask the fact he’s clearly a negative influence in the dressing room, and on the pitch. Won’t be there next season, for sure- both parties will want away from each other I reckon.