Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, 54 said:

Everton score is annoying, but other two are perfect. Get a win tomorrow and we'll be in a decent position and some daylight between us and the bottom three. We are Newcastle though, and we never do things the easy way, so will likely lose in some stupid manner :lol: 

It is but they were always going to find form eventually, I think we have more chance of finishing ahead of Leeds.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

A point per game is going to comfortably enough to stay up, most seasons but particularly this season.

Also bearing  in mind when howe started we were on 5 points after 10 games so howe has got 13 points in 12 games whilst trying to get his system down etc.

i honestly think we’ll be fine when the dust settles.

21 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Annoyed about Everton winning. Would love for them to be relegated.

If Norwhich and Burnley get beat and with Watford loosing it's still a good weekend for us especially if we get something tomorrow.

Edited by WillingtonMag

The 3pm's weren't perfect (as we have had a lot of key games go our way recently), but not bad all in all. A shame Everton had an emphatic win, as while I did think they would eventually pull away, it is always nice having teams above you within one win of you, and now there's a 4 point gap.

A shame Brentford 'stopped their rot', but then again, Palace at home is certainly a winnable game in this league (and one I will be looking at in the near future), so you could maybe say it was two home points dropped, and if we win any of our three games in hand, then they are certainly within reach.

Most importantly, Watford lost at home, and the 'Hodgson effect' doesn't seem to have had an impact yet - 3 games, 1 point, no goals.

Hopefully Man City will do their usual business here, but it's still Burnley that I do have a few concerns over. They seem to do sneaking up for a living, and while 1 win in 20 is awful, they have only lost 8 matches of 20, which is good, and if they can eventually turn some of those draws into wins, then they will probably be the main threat to 17th.

10 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

If Norwhich and Burnley get beat and with Watford loosing it's still a good weekend for us especially if we get something tomorrow.

I’m very nervous about tomorrow to be honest

Not overly concerned about Everton, Brentford, Leeds etc.

Just finish top of the 4 team mini league and that's all that matters. So those are the results we need to go in our favour.

So far Watford have lost so that's good, need Norwich and Burnley to lose too.