West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

I saw some footage of the ghastly empty flat parts/ boxes of the London Stadium over the weekend and I couldn’t believe how bad it was. No wonder hammers fans wanted rid of the stadium as their home ground. 

This isn’t the best image, but it looks even worse on some videos from the away end. What a shit ground for watching football.

ls726.jpg

14 minutes ago, Outremont said:

I saw some footage of the ghastly empty flat parts/ boxes of the London Stadium over the weekend and I couldn’t believe how bad it was. No wonder hammers fans wanted rid of the stadium as their home ground. 

This isn’t the best image, but it looks even worse on some videos from the away end. What a shit ground for watching football.

ls726.jpg

Been there once, it's a truly abysmal place to watch football.  Also, a lot of West Ham fans seem to still think it's 1985.

On 20/02/2022 at 05:40, Emotic said:

I didn't realise that "complete midfielder" Declan Rice provided the assist for our goal! :bluestar:

There seems to be a lot of Declan Rice love. I just dont see it. 

The whole time for England he just passed it backwards. Never once looked up or ran into space. 

Commentators going crazy like he is the best player in the league right now. 

Edited by arnonel

1 minute ago, arnonel said:

The whole time for England he just passed it backwards. Never once looked up or ran into space.

I can't believe anyone could have watched the Euros final and come to that conclusion like. If anything he was running forward into space too often.

3 minutes ago, arnonel said:

I didn't like Rice until the Euro's, thought he was massively over-rated. However, I think he's been absolute class this season.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a really nice stadium, it's just not the best for atmosphere. Especially for West Ham, who prided themselves on how grimy and real Upton Park was. 

Say you moved Palace from Selhurst to there, would be a disaster. 

It’s not a football stadium. West Ham only got it because their owners are Tory donators and we’re able to make a donation to get the stadium for next to nothing whilst they sold off Upton Park for a premium.

They should have been told that they can buy the land but need to rebuild a new stadium. The stadium was not really meant to be a permanent structure, the stands are nothing more than bleachers, the food/drinks kiosks and toilets are shipping containers just outside of it.