West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

away point against a team going for a champions league place.

and without our best 3 players.

phenom.

True

ASM, Trippier and Bruno.

It was a damn good point away though. Cheers to Eddie. He's done wonders so I can't complain.

3 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fantastic point today, especially with how the 3pms went.

Fuck knows what he’s doing (or not doing) with Bruno though.

Right now you're going to upset whoever you drop. It sounds bad but until one has a shocker how do you justify it? Joelinton has to play because he's our ball winner but he's no real goal threat. Willock isn't much of a defender but he's a goal threat. Shelvey is the organiser. 

3 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fantastic point today, especially with how the 3pms went.

Fuck knows what he’s doing (or not doing) with Bruno though.

Aye. Still thinking this was a tremendous result. 4 or so weeks ago, we'd have been losing this fixture.

I'd always take a draw away from, so this is a good result - even more so when you look at the players missing. I thought Murphy and Willock were great. Murphy isn't a like-for-like on ASM, but he's still direct and likes to take people on... and even tracks back and crosses! 

Reckon that's one of our best points all season. Not a win but went to 5th best side in the league away from home and we were the best team for 90 mins. Ultimately didn't have enough to win, but without our 3 best players it showed how much we've come on since start of season.

9 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Will say this, West Ham are not as good as made out by the media etc.

They are where they are in the league on merit mind. Finished in a similar position last season as well, so would say they are that good. I don't think they had any players out as well. 

Looking at our six last league games, there's been a lot of teams that has been shite against us. We should probably be giving credit to us being good rather than saying everyone we're playing being shite by now like. 

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

think they're tiring.

thats why the likes of the "big 4" usually end up top 4. size and quality of squad.

west ham still in ewrup?

Highly noticeable that Antonio is bang off form also and he was a key focal point for them earlier in the season 

8 hours ago, GWN said:

The difference in this team is phenomenal, EH has made a huge difference to the lot and I personally hope he leads us to glory .

The man , the manager everything about him is class , the more I see his team play , they way they respond to him makes me super proud of the now and the future . I want him to be a legend . 

Rafa is out of all our systems now , we will always love him, however Eddie is the man now .

Exciting times ahead , we will stay up , we will get stronger and our owners are the real fucking deal 

What a ride ahead HWTFL :indi:

Spot on, couldn't agree more. The future has never looked so good. 

3 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

That's four premier league teams in a row that have played their worst game of the season against us. Injuries aside, we've been incredibly lucky

:)

Not sure it's about luck. We have made them look as though they have played poor and hassled them into not playing there best. Give some credit to Howe and the lads ffs