Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

I think premier league have been working with Everton so they’re either about to get sucked in with Everton or they’re going to have to sweep it under the rug.

No doubt it’ll be the second. 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think premier league have been working with Everton so they’re either about to get sucked in with Everton or they’re going to have to sweep it under the rug.

Oooh I think you know which it'll be.

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I mean, we literally "got away with" the takeover, but aye OK. :lol:

You think the related party restrictions were just an unhappy coincidence?? :lol:

Of Leeds or Burnley I’d choose the latter any day of the week. Awful club with shit supporters. I hope we stuff them. There’s no room for sentimentality where we wanna go anyways.

9 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I mean, we literally "got away with" the takeover, but aye OK. :lol:

We didn’t, we took them to court and it was evident that the Premier League were going to lose because the evidence suggested that A: There was no reason in the rule book to not allow the takeover, and B: It was clear that they were deliberately trying to prevent the takeover on behalf of some members of the top 6.

Once they were practically forced to allow the takeover, they immediately changed advertising and funding rules to prevent us from benefitting from ownership funding top 6 clubs benefit from, however made it so the top 6 can still benefit.

6 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Basically because we were about to blow the doors open on the corruption in the Premier League and the big 6.

Yeah that was classic, didn't they lose a motion or something to  have the case heard behind closed doors, and then immediately settled once they found out it would be heard publicly?

9 hours ago, Nobody said:

How the fuck have Everton recorded those kinds of losses? They haven't spent that much, have they?

2017/18 = £182m

2018/19 = £90m

2019/20 = £108m

Some highlights - Sigurdsson £45m, Keane £25m, Klassen £24m, Tosun £20m, Mina £27m, Iwobi £27m, Kean £25m, someone called Jean-Philippe Gbamin for £22m

There's £200m+ straight away. And any of those players sold for less than their book value = FFP loss. Plus, judging by those transfer fees I'd guess their wage bill is pretty substantial too.

Expect Burnley to go down. Won't be too dissapointed. Certainly would like to see us pick up Raphinha and Phillips though should Leeds drop. 

I don't see us losing to Burnley and I don't think Brentford will beat Leeds. They should both be a good watch.

Ideally we win and Brentford win.