Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

Difficult one this, there are pros and cons for both.

Burnley have scraped by long enough to arguably deserve to go down this year whereas if they stay up that's one team next season who you'd think/hope we can get 6pts from.

Leeds however have been so poor this season but you'd imagine they'd get better next season and provide most teams more of a challenge. On the other hand they have a few players which if they did get relegated I would take here at the relegation cut price. (Philips/Raphina). 

45 minutes ago, Peppe said:

What in the world does "balls on the bath" mean? The balls bobbing on the waters surface? Some kind of gentle tea bagging? :icon_scratch: 

There is no such saying 

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Difficult one this, there are pros and cons for both.

Burnley have scraped by long enough to arguably deserve to go down this year whereas if they stay up that's one team next season who you'd think/hope we can get 6pts from.

Leeds however have been so poor this season but you'd imagine they'd get better next season and provide most teams more of a challenge. On the other hand they have a few players which if they did get relegated I would take here at the relegation cut price. (Philips/Raphina). 

Should put out a weakened team v Burnley and try get Phillips or raphinha on the cheap 

I'd be wary on getting Raphina (or even Richarlison) if we are serious about Bruno's mate. 4 players from the Brazil Squad (yes Big Joe is getting in there) is a risk with the travel involved for internationals, we could be significantly weakened for a number of games.

Talent wise its a no brainier though

9 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Would be funny if anything came of it, I can't see the Premier League moving fast enough though:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12617672/everton-confident-they-have-complied-by-ffp-rules-after-burnley-and-leeds-threaten-legal-action

Wouldn’t be fair on whoever goes down but Everton starting on a - points next year would be hilarious.

17 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Would be funny if anything came of it, I can't see the Premier League moving fast enough though:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12617672/everton-confident-they-have-complied-by-ffp-rules-after-burnley-and-leeds-threaten-legal-action

"£170m of their losses caused by covid" apparently. Their matchday income is about £15m per season :dowie:

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

"£170m of their losses caused by covid" apparently. Their matchday income is about £15m per season :dowie:

Theyre properly trying to cheat with that but you’d imagine all clubs are taking the piss with that side of things to the best of their ability.

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Theyre properly trying to cheat with that but you’d imagine all clubs are taking the piss with that side of things to the best of their ability.

Yeah but you keep it realistic. If you make it outlandish it stands out and makes it easier to get caught. Like claiming 75k for that work lunch last Monday.