Southampton vs Newcastle United: 10/03/2022 @ 19:30 (No UK TV)

LRD

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I hope not.

Far be it from me to question Howe but I've seen managers so many times not change a winning team when matches are in quick succession only to lose the game and say in hindsight they should've freshened things up due to tired legs.

I just think this is the ideal time to give Bruno a game as both Shelvey and Willock were out on their feet on Saturday.

Same with Fraser, as good as he's been we need to protect him a little. He's literally cramped up in our last 2 games and tired players quite often get muscle injuries.

It's like he was listening to you:

"What you don't want to do is pick the same team because you've won the game, but tactically have a problem in the next game. You have to be careful not to go blindly into the next match."

If Salisu and Walker-Peters are both missing. That would be nice. Seems like there is hope both may play, though. 

I’m guessing we will rotate 2-3. Manquillo, Bruno and maybe ASM/Almiron to come in. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

If Salisu and Walker-Peters are both missing. That would be nice. Seems like there is hope both may play, though. 

I’m guessing we will rotate 2-3. Manquillo, Bruno and maybe ASM/Almiron to come in. 

Both of them were on the bench last match so I'd be surprised if they didn't start.

Guest reefatoon

Would love to get a result against these after their manager bitched on a load of nonsense after the game was postponed. Hopefully all our January players score too.

Difficult to see us losing this. We've not been conceding many goal or shots against and both teams are in very good form. Draw seems the obvious bet but I think we'll get a 1-0 win.

I've said in mulitple threads over the previous weeks that there's no point changing a winning team. But at the very least I'd be bringing ASM in for Murphy tomorrow night. Wouldn't be against Bruno starting either given our midfield looked flat on Saturday.

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam

Southampton have no fresh injury worries ahead of this game. Nathan Tella is back in training but won't face Newcastle, while Mohammed Salisu will be checked. 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Both of them were on the bench last match so I'd be surprised if they didn't start.

Salisu was out completely, wasn’t he? I didn’t realise Walker Peters came on against Villa. He has always impressed me whenever I have seen Southampton and his directness worries me a bit. 

Guest reefatoon
22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ralph whinging on again his press conference. The fewm from him if we win here will be excellent.

He's come across as a total dick regarding the postponed match. When in history has it ever been different for a rearranged game, the clueless whinging cunt.

55 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

I've said in mulitple threads over the previous weeks that there's no point changing a winning team. But at the very least I'd be bringing ASM in for Murphy tomorrow night. Wouldn't be against Bruno starting either given our midfield looked flat on Saturday.

Is not changing a winning team not a bit old hat now. All the top teams have good squads and change things regular. Not changing a winning team might lead to you losing the next one.

57 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

I'm agreeing btw I'd bring those two in also.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Is not changing a winning team not a bit old hat now. All the top teams have good squads and change things regular. Not changing a winning team might lead to you losing the next one.

Easier for top teams though when they can bring in world class players ( I do know we would arguably be stronger with the potential changes). Just feel it’s not the same for us as saying is for city, Liverpool and Chelsea.