Southampton vs Newcastle United: 10/03/2022 @ 19:30 (No UK TV)

LRD

Was wondering when this game was coming around as they seem to be in great form, and getting results against some very good sides lately. I'd take a point all day against these right now, and I think we'll get it.

40 minutes ago, TRon said:

Was wondering when this game was coming around as they seem to be in great form, and getting results against some very good sides lately. I'd take a point all day against these right now, and I think we'll get it.

they just got pumped 4-0.

We seem to have tougher games against sides that like to keep the ball a bit. Wouldn't be surprised of a lucky draw here.

Evidence of some stale performances today too. Bruno simply has to come in.

Remember being down there for a horrific loss I think in 2014? Might have been earlier tbh. Either way, I hope we can make their manager fume with Bruno scoring a brace from a Wood pass, and a Burn cross. Trippier to smack a few Southampton subs with his crutches, for good measure.

Very good opportunity to switch squad around with Chelsea at weekend after and starting to look safe. 

I never have a fucking clue how good Southampton are when we play them. They are a batshit team who can look great on MotD and win some big games then lose ridiculously. You either get a wet blanket of a side or a really solid organised unit. 

49 minutes ago, Disco said:

He’s nee Alex Calvo-Garcia, can’t just advance like that 

Christ that's a random blast from the past [emoji38].

Remember him making my uncle cry after scoring against Orient in the 1999 playoff final at Wembley [emoji38]

9 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Manq for Krafth

Bruno for Shelvey

ASM for Murphy

They're a well drilled side. Will be a tough game.

Think it’ll probably be same staring 11. Dependent on fitness. Don’t think Murphy will start if  ASM deemed fully fit. Shelvey looked like he might have a bit of a knock, though will be very reluctant, I imagine,  to say anything that means he might not start (might be worried he’ll struggle to get back in). I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Krafth (though not seen live/had overview of positional sense etc.). I think our manager likes to reward effort and knows how a run in the side, and the knowledge that someone (the second most important someone) believes in you, can improve self-belief (the most important someone) and lead to even better performances. So tactical change, or glaring errors, aside I suspect Eddie H will always be likely to stick, rather than twist. 

Think they have a strong spine from the midfield and up, but I think CB position is a worry for them, especially if Salisu is out. Winning the midfield battle against Romeu and JWP will be key. Have to avoid giving away fouls in dangerous areas.

This game is there to be won, no doubt.