Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

Is Russell Kremlin based all of a sudden ? 

Free speech tops anyones proclivity to only cling to one side of an issue . People that want to close down debate / alternative views - are aping Stalin Mao and Hitler . This is Britain lets keep debate open and speech free

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I think it would be so SCARY and 1984 of the gov could seize your assets, let’s say for example you were a drug dealer and your assets were bought of the proceeds. Oh wait that actually does happen, and has happened for years and years.

A criminal has committed a crime . Abramovich has committed what crime exactly ?

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

In fact here you go:

”And last week in Sport of the World he stunned the game by saying how he hoped Sir Bobby (right) would ‘suffer for f****** years' with cancer.”

lovely, I’m glad I get to see his content on here. 

Whether hes a nice bloke or not is neither here nor there - try engaging with what hes saying re Chelsea

Just now, ManDoon said:

He called these points laughable btw: sure they didn’t turn out to be absolutely correct or anything. 

0CF2E96F-3194-464D-96AD-181A75BB96DD.jpeg

If you want to believe in the bad man theory of history go right ahead - its a childs view of course but be my guest . Dont complain if we end up poking our nose into endless wars though ( Iraq , Afghanistan , Libya , Syria etc )

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I’m sure he’s committed many a crime in his days, unless you think otherwise? Otherwise he’s facing consequences of his relationship with current agitator and despot Putin. When do you think the gov is going to seize your assets?

Which crime has he committed in Britain ? 

See all you lot have got are insults , or the bad man theory of history . Simple innit ? You dont have to think just emote in a competition of virtue signalling that is Olympic sized . Try John Mearsheimer , John Pilger , Glen Greenwald , George Kennan , Peter Hitchens etc none of whom are pro Kremlin or Putin for that matter . Or maybe stick to the comfort blanket of the BBC , British press generally 

It's a fair point about what Abramovich was doing mind. He wasn't suddenly bad news when Putin invaded Ukraine, he always was and we all just got on with it. He hasn't changed because of Ukraine and he wasn't doing anything differently at the point his assets were frozen.  It's weird to reverse engineer ourselves into this faux outrage over Abramovich specifically when it's about 20 years too late. It's also probably a bit of a lesson for our fanbase to learn specifically as well. Some pretty serious cases of cognitive dissonance going on here.

Edited by Kid Icarus

31 minutes ago, RealGoneKid said:

Is Russell Kremlin based all of a sudden ? 

Free speech tops anyones proclivity to only cling to one side of an issue . People that want to close down debate / alternative views - are aping Stalin Mao and Hitler . This is Britain lets keep debate open and speech free

That's what William Joyce said.

Galloway's literally on the Kremlin payroll and advertises the fact very proudly.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Not gonna do the “orange man bad” To tick off your “free thinker” buzzwords.  Although what youre saying is a variation of it. No you’re so much more in tune with geopolitics than I, the nuances of the despots. You’re showing the normies with Russel Brand videos.

I’ve just literally posted a video of one of the most knowledgeable people on Putin there is. Not British. Virtue signaling, hitting all those key points.  MSM is bad BRO, you should DO RESEARCH. Glen Greenwald lmao, the guy who went on fox to say that their was no Russian interference in the US, and called it a “scam”? Hey may as well post some Tucker Carlson while you’re at it. Or some Q. 

This is canny childish like MD. Going massively over the top here imo.

5 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Don't know about Liverpool they were a bit also-ranny at the time. The first Abramovic game was at Anfield and my impression although yonks ago was that they were very much in favour of the story that was Chelsea winning.

Also the people I was referring literally was Talk Sport and were most definitely in the media and southern when I heard them say what I quoted.

Also see Martin Samuel still now on Abramovic.

Oh Talkshite? Yeah, if you’re extrapolating from them no wonder you think the “southern media” are cunts :lol:. Just say Talkshite. I’ll do you a deal, I won’t equate Lee Ryder with Toon media if you don’t equate Talkshite with the South.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3036838.stm

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2003/jul/02/newsstory.sport5

This was the stuff I remembered. We were talking about Abramovich bailing out Bates. An unknown bastard replacing a known bastard. Interesting quote in the BBC article suggesting this might be the start of foreign sugar daddies buying in.

I was reading a different facet of southern media at the time - WSC. This was an article written when Mansour bought Citeh five years later:

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/4685-club-class

Some echoes of my feelings there, but from David Conn, a Man City supporter.

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Lmao. Nah you’re right their was nuance in Hitler’s actions. All those points he called “laugable” have demonstrably been proven to be the case. And us poking our noses into the middle of east has absolutely fuck all To do with it. Perhaps you should try to watch someone with at least a working knowledge on Putin and his sop.

Shes a bigoted hawk who clings also to the bad man theory of history .

Oh this conversation is too deep for me, someone throw me a raft :lol:

I don't like Putin. He's evil. War is shit. Let's stop it. I've said my peace (like what I did there?)

Joking aside, lessons may need to be learned from this in the fullness of time given our ownership. Lessons need to be learned full stop by mankind.

I don't understand how it's fair to prevent the sale personally. Can they not allow the sale but lock the funds until such a point that he is trialled, etc.?

Edited by Heron

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

How so, considering he said I was

childish for believing the “man bad” history of the world. Also idc. 

The bad man theory of history is an actual theory though, not the facecous insult you're only taking it as.  Not agreeing with his arguments by any means, but nothing whatsoever wrong with the points he's making about discussing it, or posting John Mearsheimer/citing John Pilger for that matter. Just seemed like you immediately went for the jugular and started playing the man and not the ball, if you don't mind me saying so.

It's been really heartening to see the free thinking truthers pivot seamlessly from pro-Covid to pro-Putin. One thing you can't knock is their committal to the grift. Russell Brand's Youtube channel is like a parody account. The title of every video is "What they have LIED to you about!" "This is what we're BANNED from talking about!" "Government insider reveals IT'S ALL RIGGED!"

I'm so tired.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I mean if you immediately call someone childish for believing in the “bad man theory” of history. I can see it as as theory of Law? Obvs no geopolitical event can be condensed into simple binary stuff and I never suggested it could be.

However I believe Putin to be a bad man. There is some pretty strong evidence about to prove that I would say.  I don’t think that makes me childish at all. I think the same of of old Adolf. 

I did try to post a video that was immediately labeled the source as homophobic for seemingly zero reason? Hence why I didn’t bother in the first place because the “look at both sides” actually doesn’t mean that at all.

I personally do not think Barry Silkman should be on here in literally any format. If that means I dismissed his point so be it. I can’t believe any fan of us or a human being in general could stand to look at the guy. Prob evoked a strong reaction:

”He was heard saying, amongst other things, that he wished Sir Bobby's cancer would 'spread all over your face' and that he wished he would live for a long time because he would 'fucking suffer more'”

Why would anyone say that about Sir Bobby. Is that legit? Fuck me. Jesus wept. 

Edited by Heron

48 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's a fair point about what Abramovich was doing mind. He wasn't suddenly bad news when Putin invaded Ukraine, he always was and we all just got on with it. He hasn't changed because of Ukraine and he wasn't doing anything differently at the point his assets were frozen.  It's weird to reverse engineer ourselves into this faux outrage over Abramovich specifically when it's about 20 years too late. It's also probably a bit of a lesson for our fanbase to learn specifically as well. Some pretty serious cases of cognitive dissonance going on here.

Maybe it's too late and I'm misunderstanding your point entirely here but it's a bit odd to say that people have done some wild mental gymnastics to manufacture faux outrage now, as if his mate isn't currently risking a world war. Plenty people have been critical of Abramovich from the off, people can't be fighting every battle at all times. 

If by we you mean the Government, the powers that be in football etc then aye it is laughable. 

Edited by TheHoob

Aye but then the problem is that anyone of any worth that makes similar arguments get lumped in with the grifters and their more hysterical conspiratorial nonsense. As we saw early on in the Ukraine thread where lifelong experts on the subject were dismissed because they made wider points about the context of how these situations can happen that didn't sit comfortably with some people. It's no surprise that there's an equally redundant response to that about how some refuse to think beyond good vs evil I think. I couldn't have put it better that time you talked about playing the man not the ball re the takeover Wullie, but it seems like we're all fucking at it. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Maybe it's too late and I'm misunderstanding your point entirely here but it's a bit odd to say that people have done some wild mental gymnastics to manufacture faux outrage now, as if his mate isn't currently risking a world war. Plenty people have been critical of Abramovich from the off, people can't be fighting every battle at all times. 

No no I'm not saying it's mental gymnastics, I'm saying it's weird (though perhaps human nature) to suddenly feel outrage specifically towards Abramovich now when he hasn't actually changed or done anything differently and we've known who he is for 20 years really.

Obviously people have highlighted the dodgy deals etc, but the narrative now seems to be 'oh well now it's crystal clear who he is' because of what Putin's done, which doesn't make much sense really. 

1 hour ago, RealGoneKid said:

See all you lot have got are insults , or the bad man theory of history . Simple innit ? You dont have to think just emote in a competition of virtue signalling that is Olympic sized . Try John Mearsheimer , John Pilger , Glen Greenwald , George Kennan , Peter Hitchens etc none of whom are pro Kremlin or Putin for that matter . Or maybe stick to the comfort blanket of the BBC , British press generally 

Cant be arsed with an argumenmt at this time of night but its interesting that those names are all pro trump, except Kennan who died in 2005.

And Hitchens is a special kind of clown.

1 hour ago, RealGoneKid said:

A criminal has committed a crime . Abramovich has committed what crime exactly ?

His companies have quite literally provided the steel used for Russian tanks. He’s supplying the war but still wants to play the patron here and have his kids go to school here.

By stating this I’m in no way condoning Saudi Arabia’s war in Yemen, but I’m not going to pretend to know all that much about the history of that conflict.

Similar to Ukraine and Russia to be honest but where it does concern the rest of Europe and the UK is where this war is going. This will affect all of us, it’s started already.

World War 1 and 2 didn’t just kick off overnight and this one will be no different. We can’t be seen to be allowing Russian oligarchs free movement and unrestricted business dealings while they are a cog in a lead up to a world war.

Newcastle could well be in the chopping block at some point if those Middle East nations take the wrong side. But for me I don’t care about that, they’ve done something I worried would never happen which was getting rid of Mike Ashley.

Our future is going to be golden no matter what happens going forward.

Chelsea will be ok but right now the party is over for them. If they don’t get someone shrewd to run the club, at worst they’ll slip to a Leicester City level.. their youth setup is too good even if the senior players decide to bail.