Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

3 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

Who? the players? Don't think so, they're entitled to do that. 

And also... fuck Chelsea and Abramovich. 

Aye the players 

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

They'll be fine. 

Yep. Not sure Chelsea will just be left to wrack & ruin.

Too fashionable a club and will be protected from the worst of it.

Imo of course.

59 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

They absolutely loved it mate. Sky, the lot of them. It was just a ride, entertainment to them. "Drogbarrrrrr".

It made me feel like it just didn't matter how much support we had or could have, or whether we qualified for the CL again it just didn't matter against wealth like that. Blackburn couldn't last but this skewed everything.

But when we play the game THEY made, that we were the first club to lose out too...different story.

Oh God, whenever I hear about the “southern media” my hackles go up. My main memory of Sky presenters at the time was wall-to-wall Liverpool.

It made us all feel like it didn’t matter against wealth like that. Sure Sky loved it and played it up - they were about to coin it in. Along with the advent of the transfer window the year before. 

I think Chelsea and Abramovich ultimately broke football for me. Man City was probably the final nail. It’s far too late now for me to truly give a shit about who’s the latest lottery winner.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-roman-abramovich-sale-legacy-b2027658.html?amp

7 minutes ago, RealGoneKid said:

Put simply, football will care when our government stops selling them arms and puts sanctions on them.

I'd imagine.

Before I get virtually brutalised, I don't disagree with the sentiment, but Chelsea aren't being punished because football has had some moral awakening, they're being forced by global sanctions on the back of a war.

The minute football governance gives a shit about the state of the game, or the government sanctions Saudi nationals is the minute Saudi will be forced out also.

Edited by NE27

2 minutes ago, RealGoneKid said:

Good article, but the elephant in the room is that just like the Abramovic  finances, the Yemen situation wouldn't even be getting a mention were it not for what's happening in Ukraine right now. Not sure you can pin that on fans as a few journalists seem happy to do. Ask the question as to why its gone largely unreported with regard to sport.

It’s the government handing out the sanctions 

have the premier league got the power to kick the Saudis out ?

surely it’s only the government that can do this? 

before they do that they would need to stop supplying missiles/bombs and cut all ties ?

13 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

It’s the government handing out the sanctions 

have the premier league got the power to kick the Saudis out ?

surely it’s only the government that can do this? 

before they do that they would need to stop supplying missiles/bombs and cut all ties ?

Considering we supply most of the arms to the Saudi's it's doubtful

Saudi (and the other Arabs) would have to invade Yemen with Iran staying completely out of it for any of this to happen. And its not going to happen.

Its generally similar because its war and people dying but ultimately a different scenario without a clear aggressor and amounts air support that we've participated in ourselves over the years, that will be requested or welcomed by half the Yemeni population.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Oh God, whenever I hear about the “southern media” my hackles go up. My main memory of Sky presenters at the time was wall-to-wall Liverpool.

It made us all feel like it didn’t matter against wealth like that. Sure Sky loved it and played it up - they were about to coin it in. Along with the advent of the transfer window the year before. 

I think Chelsea and Abramovich ultimately broke football for me. Man City was probably the final nail. It’s far too late now for me to truly give a shit about who’s the latest lottery winner.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-roman-abramovich-sale-legacy-b2027658.html?amp

Don't know about Liverpool they were a bit also-ranny at the time. The first Abramovic game was at Anfield and my impression although yonks ago was that they were very much in favour of the story that was Chelsea winning. Was there first win at Anfield in X amount of years. iirc.

Also the people I was referring was Talk Sport and were most definitely in the media and southern when I heard them say what I quoted. Even happy that the money was helping West Ham out. They never said that about Man City or us.

Also see Martin Samuel still now on Abramovic.

Edited by Wolfcastle

6 minutes ago, Wullie said:

If you like your common sense sponsored by the Kremlin. Please don't post his crap on here.

Its a sober antidote to the pro war hysteria present in the country . There are two sides to any conflict or any issue for that matter . If we accept that government have the right to sanction individuals and by extension the things they own then sooner or later we are next . Be careful what you wish for and dont believe the hype .