sunderland appoint a new head coach

Big River

6 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Good manager, what a shame for them :lol:

I think the model is just dandy...getting rid of a leech like young podger who runs our club, is mag like behaviour how would that look like in the real world? with all our friends in rotterdam and Bilbao Liverpool or Rome.

We might not be the biggest club in Durham or even in SR post codes ganning of mag tops reporting on the world renowned RTG...but we are massive fans of lads just look at our fake attendances figures  you Durham mags

9 hours ago, Danh1 said:

They’re very confused

They bang on about how they’re the club of County Derrim, yet whinge at another town on Tyneside, about 2.5 mile from SJP being seen as Newcastle.

Maybe they’ll have one of their famous 50 page threads on RTG about which areas are Sunderland stronghold. 

I fear for them if we win anything. Samaritans will need to recrewt.

Before the creation of Metropolitan boroughs in 1974, County Durham stretched from the river Tees to the Tyne and Derwent in the North. They’ve never been the, or the primary/main, football club of County Durham. Using this kind of reasoning we are the primary football club of ‘Tyne & Wear’. If you take into account more ancient history, their current location (and ours) were all part of the, much bigger, Kingdom of Northumbria.

Plus, returning to modern day England. There are nine regions, the North East has the smallest population, circa 2.6m, and the capital city is Newcastle. I reckon NUFC should therefore be the ‘One North East’ Premier League football side. It would be nice if everyone else had second teams, Hartlepool, Gateshead, Darlington, Sunderland etc. but one day we may have all true proud North Eastern football fans rooting for their regional capital in the big league(s). 

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Liam Rosenior thread over there seems busy, cba to read it all, he been linked?

Hes evens favourite since the az alkmaar fella pulled out

Alot saying hes just another micky beale

Let's hope so

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pretty sure he wont get long from the fans there with their history

40 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Pretty sure he wont get long from the fans there with their history

Darren Bent’s mam agrees with this comment.

Honestly, they've no idea have they? They hoped for Potter, Cooper, I even saw a mention of Tuchel as a new coach. They'll probably get Liam Rosenior if they're lucky. The meltdown will be joyous though. Getting me through the summer until football returns. 

27 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Got another favourite he says

🤣🤣🤣 Well down to about 6th choice now then....

6th choice this month. 

2 hours ago, KennyUtd said:

Honestly, they've no idea have they? They hoped for Potter, Cooper, I even saw a mention of Tuchel as a new coach. They'll probably get Liam Rosenior if they're lucky. The meltdown will be joyous though. Getting me through the summer until football returns. 

They're already busy convincing themselves that Rosenior is the man they wanted all along.

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Got him mixed up with Leonard Rossiter who to be fair would absolutely "get" Wearside from the off. 

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

He's one of the few names linked who is actually alright, I think. Unfortunately.

Sacked by Hull because their owner wanted to play attacking football and he didn't.

Also, seems to really rile them when you point out that European fans have to look them up on a map, like I do with the backwards Eastern European teams. 

Coming from a Sunderland fan [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Also, seems to really rile them when you point out that European fans have to look them up on a map, like I do with the backwards Eastern European teams. 

Jesus wept, the thickest fan base in the country and that includes the Scousers. How he has time in his busy schedule yo look up eastern European countries when there's msg tops to count.

Conversely I'm sure "backwards European teams" speak so highly of a club that's not kicked a ball in Europe for 50years, spent most of that time in the lower leagues of another country and if it is known is mostly known for being near and/or rivals of Newcastle

7 hours ago, et tu brute said:

‘Pics or it didn’t happen’ trophy winner on RTG 2023/24

Bunch of weird fuckers 😀 - the day after Del Piero was in the press talking about how he could’ve signed for us in his prime, we’re to believe that nee-one in Europe has heard of NUFC …