sunderland in the EFL

Big River

With all due respect to many people on here I'd back my opinion against most. On the subject of rating midfielders, I still think back to the many hours I wasted trying to tell people that Vurnon Anita was actually no good when most people disagreed with me [emoji38]

Not saying Jeff Hendrick is a world beater as he isn't. But he's made a career out of getting into better teams than Sunderland currently are.

2 minutes ago, Willow said:

Jesus give up on pushing Jeff Hendrick on to any team, let-alone Sunderland. He's absolutely shite and would be lucky to even get on Sunderland's bench :lol:

Even PIF aren't interested in getting him into the Saudi League on a free just to clear the wages off our books.

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

With all due respect to many people on here I'd back my opinion against most. On the subject of rating midfielders, I still think back to the many hours I wasted trying to tell people that Vurnon Anita was actually no good when most people disagreed with me [emoji38]

Not saying Jeff Hendrick is a world beater as he isn't. But he's made a career out of getting into better teams than Sunderland currently are.

:lol: :lol:

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Hendrick, Clark, Hayden, Darlow, Gayle would get into the best Sunderland XI from the last 6 years. 

Plodders like O'Nien, fucking Batth, Corey Evans haven't done anything those 6 have in that time period. 

There's no better set of fans than Sunderlands for bigging up absolutely bang average players and making them out to be far better than they actually are.

Think a few on here have fallen for the hype. Ultimately they sneaked into the Play Offs of the worst Championship in years on the last day courtesy of Preston being on the beach and Millwall collapsing and even then that was largely to do with a player who wasn't even theres! 

1 hour ago, TeddySAFC said:

Who are you having a dig at here, not sure what your point is directing that at me?

Just sunlun fans in general who seem to think they are on a par with NUFC as a club and we are some sort of equals [emoji38]

Just remember you are on a champions league forum :coolsmiley:

Even our worst team and players of the last 30 years still finished higher than the cloggers you are all lauding this season. 

16 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Yep, I mean if they are lauding and idolising the likes of Bally gewch and 09 them I’m sure Jeff Hendrick would be well liked by them. 

As someone pointed out, their best season in years would have been our worst since the days of Ranson, Stimson, and the rest of the squad were pretty much 18 year old kids. 90% of our players since then would walk into their side, our cast-offs included, with the majority comfortably being their best players. 

1 minute ago, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

Yep, I mean if they are lauding and idolising the likes of Bally gewch and 09 them I’m sure Jeff Hendrick would be well liked by them. 

09 must have played nigh on 200 games for them in the last few years and the kid is worse than shite bless him. That's the level they are currently operating at.

They'll do very well to finish top 8 next season. The relegated 3 will be strong, Boro will be better, I'd be surprised if the likes of WBA, Norwich and Watford are as bad next season.

They probably had the easiest Play-Off route (Luton then Coventry if they'd not blown it) that anyone could have asked for in Play-Off history, doubt they'll be as lucky in coming seasons. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They'll do very well to finish top 8 next season. The relegated 3 will be strong, Boro will be better, I'd be surprised if the likes of WBA, Norwich and Watford are as bad next season.

They probably had the easiest Play-Off route (Luton then Coventry if they'd not blown it) that anyone could have asked for in Play-Off history, doubt they'll be as lucky in coming seasons. 

They will be happy with 8th. Imagine been happy with 6th/8th in the champo man, we would be beyond embarrassed yet they are all boasting about it :lol: 

shows the difference in mindset between us and some people think we are similar 

3 minutes ago, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

They will be happy with 8th. Imagine been happy with 6th/8th in the champo man, we would be beyond embarrassed yet they are all boasting about it :lol: 

shows the difference in mindset between us and some people think we are similar 

They were literally given a £25-30m player for a year and still fucked it up. Would be like Burnley being given Mbappe for the year and still get relegated. 

Would be curious to hear the thoughts of @TeddySAFC as it relates to replacing Diallo. 

It doesn't seem like he's coming back and if he does it'll be late in the window. Big player to try and replace and it doesn't sound like the intention is to splash big right now. 

Mr Simpson sent an email to South Tyneside Council, explaining this latest incident and suggesting ideas to help stop the problem.

He also asked for a refund for his Big Mac, as he believed he should be reimbursed for the burger, due to it being ‘no fault of his own’ that he was unable to eat it.

There have been various discussions around placing a roof over King Street over the past few decades, and Mr Simpson believes such a covering, or netting, may be one way to prevent the bird attacks.

“The roof may spoil King Street but a net would work and stop people getting attacked. The council has to do something about it," he said.

“You don’t want conflict between you and seagulls, which will happen if nothing is done”.

People suggesting Hendrick gets into Sunderland's team need to give your head a shake.

He was clearly and obviously way too shit for us when we were 19th. Not sure why anyone would think he walks into teams just a few places lower. There's not that much gulf between 19th in the PL and 6th in the Championship, certainly not enough for Hendrick to go from being an utter embarrassment to a guaranteed starter.

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

You've got 5-6 Newcastle fans actively disagreeing with you on this. You're coming across as deluded in the extreme. I don't base my opinion on how good or bad Sunderland are. I base it on the fact Jeff Hendrick is a rotten footballer.

If you value your opinion so highly I assume you think Jeff will be moving to a top 6 Champ club next season? If not, why not?

Edited by jonny1403