sunderland in the EFL

Big River

33 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

F6UIryhWgAA7PDl.jpeg

In all honesty I wish they would drop this shite, yes it's mildly amusing and alliterative but it makes them think they still matter, even if only to be mocked by their betters.

Edited by Sid

25 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Brilliant!

Not sure they are worth that much time tbh. Most people in Milan probably don't even realise there's a place called Sunderland, they'll be scratching their heads wondering what a mackem is.

56 minutes ago, Sid said:

In all honesty I wish they would drop this shite, yes it's mildly amusing and alliterative but it makes them think they still matter, even if only to be mocked by their betters.

I agree with that as that's the line they will play but knowing its not the case and having made the mistake of not rubbing their noses in it when were at this level and they were...well them on previous occasions, only for them to do just that when finishing 4points ahead or winning a one off game - so can see both sides, much like a bridge.

Edited by Jonas

A quick glimpse at twitter and RTG would suggest that they are indeed, absolutely fewming about the banner and Mr Curry's ears will be burning in Milan.

They'll take dozens of FTM banners along to Plymouth, Rotherham and the like but we take a one over to Milan and all hell breaks loose. They're so touchy these days.

3 hours ago, BonesJones said:

F6UIryhWgAA7PDl.jpeg

Cringe as fuck.

Small time as fuck.

Our biggest game in 20 year and people are taking banners about Sunderland to Milan. They shouldn't ever be spoken about again. Watch us get pumped 4-0 now that'll give them a right laugh. 

Fair enough.

I just see it as a lighthearted joke, that coincidentally works perfectly with the team we've been drawn against.

One of those things that won't ever change, in the same way they have FTM on every flag, which apparently doesn't stand for 'Flying To Milan'.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Not sure they are worth that much time tbh. Most people in Milan probably don't even realise there's a place called Sunderland, they'll be scratching their heads wondering what a mackem is.

You’d have to assume they know about the majority share in Newcastle Airport though?

Christ some people need to lighten up, the song's been sang for years and we're actually in Milan.... could have put money on a banner saying that. 

It's a small part of the craic over there, not as if we have 'fuck the mackems' on every banner. 

Miserable cunts :lol:

fwiw I hate it when we sing it at home these days, agree that they're irrelevant but at least the banner in Milan is a decent dig at them. 

Edited by Wilson

They’re totally forgetting the cheat code they had under Ellis Short at the same time as we had 14 years of MA, with 7th being their zenith. Bit funny that their “not caring” about us anymore has somehow coincided with us being unspeakably wealthy and in cup finals and champions league competition whilst they’re *checks notes* 7th (is that actually as high as they’re allowed to finish) in division two. 

IMG_5495.png

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

Fair enough.

I just see it as a lighthearted joke, that coincidentally works perfectly with the team we've been drawn against.

One of those things that won't ever change, in the same way they have FTM on every flag, which apparently doesn't stand for 'Flying To Milan'.

I'm from an era when piss taking of your nearest and dearest was a prominent part of supporting your team. That rivallry and tribalism was what made football more special than any other sport.

A lot of the newer breed of supporter doesn't see it that way though and are more worried about how they might be viewed on social media.

Ffs our rivals haven’t suddenly become Man City and Real Madrid.

Just because we’ve had a couple of decent seasons and have some money, this lot will always be our rivals it’s based on years of rivalry.

Did Celtic forget about Rangers when they were demoted ?

These cunts would be 10 times worse if the boot was on the other foot due to their inferiority complex.

Milk it and rub their mackem fucking noses in it.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Christ some people need to lighten up, the song's been sang for years and we're actually in Milan.... could have put money on a banner saying that. 

It's a small part of the craic over there, not as if we have 'fuck the mackems' on every banner. 

Miserable cunts :lol:

fwiw I hate it when we sing it at home these days, agree that they're irrelevant but at least the banner in Milan is a decent dig at them. 

We sung "are you watching Sunderland" (a common chant amongst all fans at the time) when 3-0 against Barcelona.

Wasn't like a middling 2nd tier club was at the forefront of our thoughts, it was just the ultimate "f**k you" of that brand of chant and local rival banter.

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

They’re totally forgetting the cheat code they had under Ellis Short at the same time as we had 14 years of MA, with 7th being their zenith. Bit funny that their “not caring” about us anymore has somehow coincided with us being unspeakably wealthy and in cup finals and champions league competition whilst they’re *checks notes* 7th (is that actually as high as they’re allowed to finish) in division two. 

IMG_5495.png

'Good triumph over evil'  

:spit:

2 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Fair enough.

Sing the song, sure, but printing a banner to string across the bridge is a bit much for me is all I meant. Their money, though, so fair to do as they like. :lol: