sunderland in the EFL

Big River

24 minutes ago, Sima said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/whos-your-favourite-central-midfielder-for-safc-in-your-lifetime.1618021/

I wonder how many of our midfielders you'd have to get through before the names suggested here get anywhere near our best.

I'd say at least 40.

Third reply - 'Kirchoff had the highest peak'

2015Bayern Munich II1(0)

2016–2017Sunderland22(0)

2018Bolton Wanderers4(0)

20191. FC Magdeburg10(0)

2019–2021KFC Uerdingen 0522(2)

:lol:

47 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Bally and Catts the first two mentioned without a hint of irony :lol:

Their best midfielders I'd be surprised if they played more than 50 times for them as well. Cana, Schwarz, Mvila, Kirchoff. Luke O'Nien has probably played for them more than these combined. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

On about Zenden:

He's another I think people get inexplicably misty eyed over.

For a start, he barely started a game for us. The vast majority of his forty-odd appearances were as a sub.

He showed flashes of his undoubbted quality, but his legs were going really, and I'm not sure we ever really saw the best of him.

"I'm not sure" :lol::lol:

51 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What a honking list :lol:

So someone who I totally forgot ever played for us (and this was less than 5 years ago) makes their all time fav' list, and he was only there on loan. What an absolute shower of shite that club is if that bunch of has-beens, never-weres and non-entities is their choice man!

Edited by bhoywhonder

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What a honking list :lol:

Cattermole & Cana, loved having two hard mad bastards in the middle

Steed
Sessegnon
Mvila
Larsson
Zenden
Kirchoff
Ki (although he ruined it a bit by going to the mags)
Alfred NDiaye

Ki FFS

He's around their all-time list and I fucking forgot he played for us [emoji38]

43 minutes ago, mush said:

Ki FFS

He's around their all-time list and I fucking forgot he played for us [emoji38]

I had also forgot Ki had played for us.  It could only have been a couple of games though eh?

6 hours ago, Sima said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/whos-your-favourite-central-midfielder-for-safc-in-your-lifetime.1618021/

I wonder how many of our midfielders you'd have to get through before the names suggested here get anywhere near our best.

I'd say at least 40.

Honestly, as much as I like laughing at them, I stopped at the first page.  It was genuinely depressing to read their nominations - Christ, they’ve really never seen a top rate midfielder play for them, have they?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s funny too - but fuck me, I’d be utterly devastated if Reyna, Bracewell, McCann, Schwartz, Baaaaally and Clattermole were the ones getting mentioned 

5 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Just remembered Jim Baxter who they tried to tell me was better than Jimmy Smith (Jinky)

In fairness, Baxter is the only one I saw on their lists where people outside of Sunderland would say that he was a first-rate footballer.  They’d need to be of a decent vintage though - it’s before my fatha’s time, and I’m in my 40s