sunderland in the EFL

Big River

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Alex Pritchard isn’t thinking about leaving. He is leaving. But it’s not because of anything Beale has done. He says he’s a good boss. A great boss. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

Woodgate for the last 10 games or so too. But it speaks mainly, I think, to the quality of our midfield and attack. Teams were shit scared of us and with good reason.

We did get shown up a fair bit at the back that season and in the preceding season. Thing was, every chance we’d score the same amount or more at the other end. Tough to kill a game off when you’ve got Speed mopping up with Dyer, Robert and Bellamy in transition. 

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Woodgate for the last 10 games or so too. But it speaks mainly, I think, to the quality of our midfield and attack. Teams were shit scared of us and with good reason.

We did get shown up a fair bit at the back that season and in the preceding season. Thing was, every chance we’d score the same amount or more at the other end. Tough to kill a game off when you’ve got Speed mopping up with Dyer, Robert and Bellamy in transition. 

I’m also sure that season we were the comeback kings of the league.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m also sure that season we were the comeback kings of the league.

That was 01/02 I think. The Derby away game in particular was a delight. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

Beale will do well to cling on to his job if they get dicked at home today. Seems utterly toxic down there, the derby annihilation has just accelerated the inevitable downward spiral. Fans hate the manager, manager hates the fans, players hate the manager, fans now hate the owner, owner doesn't seem to give a fuck

It's fucking brilliant 

29 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Was just thinking myself that it must have been a case of the best form of defence is attack, not based on anything certain.

I do recall a spate of home games where the opposition teams goals to chances ratio was high compared to ours. Like we hammer on the door for 20minutes they go and score. Made it interesting, not just in hindsight, if it was in the first 20 you felt every chance we'd turn it around.

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You can always rely on SAFC to press the self destruct button, they should change their badge to incorporate Wile.e Coyote. 

Since drawing us in the FA cup it’s been a fucking disaster for the mackems, lovely to watch.

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Age 30, 48 PL appearances, had a shot at our goal, shall we buy him? Shall we? 

Well, no, but he has been their best player in the games I've seen this season. Much more end product than "40million rated" Dan Neil or "worth 50m" Clarke.

17 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You can always rely on SAFC to press the self destruct button, they should change their badge to incorporate Wile.e Coyote. 

Should go back to their old ship badge, but use the Titanic instead.