sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I know playing for these tramps must have an effect on your ageing process but kinell, just saw a pic of Gary Owers on the BBC website, he's only 55 but the bloke looks like a late 60s retired prison guard or something.

ffd54fdd-b2e5-4486-b62f-af4f4d030b56.jpg

Edited by LionOfGosforth

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

I know playing for these tramps must have an effect on your ageing process but kinell, just saw a pic of Gary Owers on the BBC website, he's only 55 but the bloke looks like a late 60s retired prison guard or something.

ffd54fdd-b2e5-4486-b62f-af4f4d030b56.jpg

Most people think he looks about 30. 

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Aye don’t do it at a Youth game man. Keep it for the first team games. 

I love the lack of a space between 'acceptable' and 'at'. 😄

13 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I couldn't see any reference to it on RTG. 

Was all in their match thread for last night's game. Was more shocked that superstar Rigg is slumming it with their bairns

Never seen the footage and don't know the player in question to know if being called 'fat' was warranted.

Its harder to imagine a fat, under-18 player at a professional club than them being scummy though.

Its reminded me of that Matthew Symonds (was it?) the Palace fan that got into the fight with Cantona saying in investigation that he shouted "go on Cantona, get off, have an early barth".

*Not that there's anything wrong with giving Cantona abuse. Indulged in that myself and it was fully justified.

Edited by Jonas

2 hours ago, Jonas said:

Never seen the footage and don't know the player in question to know if being called 'fat' was warranted.

Its harder to imagine a fat, under-18 player at a professional club than them being scummy though.

Its reminded me of that Matthew Symonds (was it?) the Palace fan that got into the fight with Cantona saying in investigation that he shouted "go on Cantona, get off, have an early barth".

*Not that there's anything wrong with giving Cantona abuse. Indulged in that myself and it was fully justified.

:) that Palace fan’s patter is burned into my memory too.  When it was printed in the papers it made it look like he was a school master at a public school chastising one of the boys for being late for class

Such things are not acceptable at the Stadium of Light… Skintones.

Disgraceful all round from their fans. How about don’t abuse kids full stop.

’Haway, but he’s fat, man!’

Aye, alright Captain America.

Its getting to where you have to say its their rightful place. In living memory at least.

In the PL era they've finished 3rd of the 3 more than twice the amount Boro have. 21 - 10 and since the 60s 30 - 17 (7 for us).

The head to head in that time is 31 - 12 to Boro, and one of the mackems wins was an aggregate loss.

All they've got over Boro in that last half century is attendances.

*just using up stats/notes unearthed the other day there.

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Tbf we’ve also done the ‘nonce’ chants at the smoggies

Yeah I hear ya. Unfortunately most clubs have people who take part in chants like that at times.

But watching them lash out with the type of overly aggressive anger that you wouldn't see inside an alcoholic teenager is the interesting part.

A doctor could diagnose one of them with cancer and their first thought would be, "wait, wait, wait, is this doctor a mag?".