sunderland

Big River

They replacing him or relying on Poveda staying fit and the lad signed from Russia?

He was always going to go for that money. They are on the bones of their arse and operating at a £10m a season loss (I think?) means they are probably a lot closer to administration than their fans think 

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/this-is-why-i’ll-never-be-comfortable-with-the-model.1639152/

Other than the fact they get more fans in (mostly because its dirt cheap to go), why are Southampton and Ipswich "half the size" of their club? 

The problem is, it doesn’t matter if those clubs are bigger or not, both those clubs are in the Premier League.

When we last went down, we sold Townsend to Crystal Palace. No one in their right mind would say that Palace are a bigger club than us, but it happened because we were no longer in the Premier League.

Whilst they are down there, they will always struggle to keep hold of any players who maybe decent.

3 hours ago, Paully said:

[emoji38]

Can someone please tell me how I can make this my phone screen. Every time I open my phone or it rings I want to see this. It's just magic. 😄😀😆😂🤣

7 hours ago, ramirez said:

Yeah another thread refers to them as biggest club in the division, unsure about criteria for that you'd imagine Leeds by a distance  . . . 

Think they based it on their crowds-except-when-it-comes-to-Newcastle-in-which-case-crowds-is-the-last-parameter-to-base-club-size-on method

Edited by Wolfcastle

6 minutes ago, KennyUtd said:

Can someone please tell me how I can make this my phone screen. Every time I open my phone or it rings I want to see this. It's just magic. 😄😀😆😂🤣

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 10.38.07 AM.png

22 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Prized asset plundered by Sir Bobby Robson's Ipswich for £15m.  Puts the rest of them, any subsequent fees and any subsequent suitors into perspective.

Fyp.

49 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

"Pewer reygin' in me tent" :lol: :lol:  They've had such a good start to the seyson too. Shame. 

Sunderland are always only a few weeks away from blowing their own wheels off. Happens at least 3 times a season. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Sunderland are always only a few weeks away from blowing their own wheels off. Happens at least 3 times a season. 

They have a canny ability to self regulate any sort of sustained success. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

They have a canny ability to self regulate any sort of sustained success. :lol: 

That old joke of the kid riding a bike. "look mam, one hand...look mam, no hands! Look mam, no teeth" 

Wonder what that is in Latin, could go on their badge as they try to find an identity. 

Edited by Dokko

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

That old joke of the kid riding a bike. "look mam, one hand...look mam, no hands! Look mam, no teeth" 

Wonder what that is in Latin, could go on their badge as they try to find an identity. 

Una manu

Nulla manus

Non dentes

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

uidet matrem, uni manui 

uidet matrem, non manibus!

uidet matrem, non dentibus

It actually has a nice poetic quality :) 

4 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

In 18 hours Clarke's gone from a £35m player who'd improve a mid table PL team to a hot and cold winger who'll be back in the Championship next season.

This is how it goes for Jack Clarke. He'll be shocked by the speed and quality of the prem, and will do next to nothing for the rest of the year. He'll get game time in 25 as Ipswich desperately shake things up and, I beleive the lad will find his feet and get up to bottom end prem level. 

He'll either fully jump ship to a similar level team, promotion, maybe Leeds or if Ipswich are ambitious loan him with a sale agreed if thry don't come back up or use him to do likewise. I guess it depends how much quality he shows.

Either way, he'll have a better career than safc for the next 5 seasons, and that will sting them. Lovely.