sunderland

Big River

1 hour ago, Nun tumblers said:

You'd think they would had there tongue when they've got a massive section of their ground closed because it's ower big for them, the toon women's team pulled in over 22,000 v Alnwick ladies at SjP a record attendance for the ladies game in the uk ,in the coming years they could become the 2nd best supported North East team.

I've got a feeling the next womens games at SJP in November will pull in 35k+. Would be quite funny if they ended up getting more than Sunderland mens team get just for the sheer fewm from that lot if nowt else.

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I've got a feeling the next womens games at SJP in November will pull in 35k+. Would be quite funny if they ended up getting more than Sunderland mens team get just for the sheer fewm from that lot if nowt else.

They would use the excuse cheap tickets. They like an excuse to fit their agenda 

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

My nephew took his two girls age 9 & 6 to the Alnwick game they absolutely loved it,  he also had too fork out on 2new nufc kits:)

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

They’ll go back to the days when Quimmy used to fiddle the attendance figures.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Having spent the vast majority of my life in Newcastle’s west end, I’m very happy that I’ve never had a %s argument with a Mackem.  

I know of at least 10 in the West End. I think I attract them, particularly when the kids were at birthday parties, you know footballs an easy conversation with people you only really have a nodding acquaintance with.

7 hours ago, KDT said:

Visions of Staveley kicking off with the staff like good old Charlie Methven did when they tried to get their attendance record on Netflix.

7 hours ago, et tu brute said:

They would use the excuse cheap tickets. They like an excuse to fit their agenda 

Cheap? Hang on, aren't most of theirs free? :lol:

There was a stat a while back that their average spend including ticket, programme, cheesy chips and blue pop combined was under £10 per person. They can fuck off throwing "cheap tickets" at anyone or anything, ever.

19 minutes ago, Wandy said:

These fuckers are that desperate to see the takeover fail, that they seemingly want Saudi/Putin tensions to heat up, just so that NUFC don't get to become an elite club. Sad, sad Mackem Bastards.

They actively want that to be the case. That's how saintly they are. Wouldnt help anything but as long as it stops us being rich they're all for it.

Almost as if us being rich is what they're really concerned about.

Edited by Jonas

The only fuckers in the world are on that thread hoping for Russia and the West tensions to escalate even more, as long as our ownership gets questioned that is. Nukes could be going off everywhere and them daft cunts would be celebrating. The end of the world imminent, ah but marra, the mags aren’t rich anymore, that’s the main thing, let’s garn fa a kerry and a pint of blue pop. 

I have had it thrown at me, more than once, that we give away 10k free season tickets a year!

Of course Ashley did give away 10k free half season tickets when he was desperate and that was a couple of years ago, if the people who benefitted from that offer wanted to keep the ticket for the next year then they had to pay the standard value.....   Seems to be lost with them that was the case.  In their small minds it is 10k free tickets for every home match every week.

The current volume of people who want to pay for a season ticket but, cannot get one due to there being none to buy seems to be completely lost on them!

1 hour ago, pinkeye said:

I have had it thrown at me, more than once, that we give away 10k free season tickets a year!

Of course Ashley did give away 10k free half season tickets when he was desperate and that was a couple of years ago, if the people who benefitted from that offer wanted to keep the ticket for the next year then they had to pay the standard value.....   Seems to be lost with them that was the case.  In their small minds it is 10k free tickets for every home match every week.

The current volume of people who want to pay for a season ticket but, cannot get one due to there being none to buy seems to be completely lost on them!

The average attendance for the season up to when Ashley' give away the tickets was over 46,000. In over 50 years they have only beaten that average twice. Use that the next time and let's not even go to the number of years they have been given cheap/free tickets away. Their accounts have shown this to be true for years. 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

The average attendance for the season up to when Ashley' give away the tickets was over 46,000. In over 50 years they have only beaten that average twice. Use that the next time and let's not even go to the number of years they have been given cheap/free tickets away. Their accounts have shown this to be true for years. 

Yep, you just need to look at their accounts for any year to see how much coin they actually recieve per ticket - I'm sure it worked out at about £11 the last time I seen them pre-Covid obvs?

20 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Im really tempted to go. Be cheap to get in and can have a few drinks before and after, potentially get a high attendance then they’ve had recently would be hilarious too.

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

Yep, you just need to look at their accounts for any year to see how much coin they actually recieve per ticket - I'm sure it worked out at about £11 the last time I seen them pre-Covid obvs?

Was under £9 one year.