Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

I question such a game being played at all at this time of the year but the side put out by Howe was taking the piss.

Not only were they no-names (as far as the fans were concerned) they didn't give a shit.

Pathetic all round. Who wins from this?

Club looks stupid. Fans who will have travelled and paid decent money have been mugged off. Youth team hammered.

Just looks like a cash grab from the club. Really, really doesn't paint us in a good light.

Just now, Coastie said:

I question such a game being played at all at this time of the year but the side put out by Howe was taking the piss.

Not only were they no-names (as far as the fans were concerned) they didn't give a shit.

He wasn’t obliged to put any first teamers at risk after a gruelling season to be fair 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Club looks stupid. Fans who will have travelled and paid decent money have been mugged off. Youth team hammered.

Just looks like a cash grab from the club. Really, really doesn't paint us in a good light.

8-0. They’ll welcome us back with open arms [emoji38]

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

What an utter waste of time for all involved :crazy2:

Glad I'm not one of those idiots who paid to watch this.

Yeah that totally didn't happen!

Ah well at least I got the discount bundle I guess... 

?

Edited by Joe1984

2 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

He wasn’t obliged to put any first teamers at risk after a gruelling season to be fair 

Then why go at all?

Such a rip off for the local fans.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The club gets money for it, that's the benefit

I don't blame the club for taking it, FFP/PSR has meant we don't have the luxury of turning such things down 

Just now, Yorkie said:

How many Newcastle fans were in attendance do we reckon?

Many thousands of Geordie shirts.

All looked pissed off.

Surprised by the reaction tbh, who really cares. At the end of a season riddled with injury we didn’t play any senior players in an absolutely meaningless game. 

:lol: Yes I know they'll have likely been playing under completely different circumstances but I love how completely out of place it looks.

Screenshot_20240524_100545_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.8c81474dbbc0e652df1f793d49e3c730.jpg

Poor Trips, made to sit on a bench watching that.

Doesn't Howe realise he has a Euros to win?

Now he'll be all demoralised!

Howe out! 

?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surprised by the reaction tbh, who really cares. At the end of a season riddled with injury we didn’t play any senior players in an absolutely meaningless game. 

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you paid money to go

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

I can't believe people are getting worked up over this [emoji38].

Must be really gutting for Aussie fans. Some might never have seen us live/ will never see us live again.

I'd be feeewming tbf.

Hopefully the club have learned something from this and won't arrange another post season friendly like this in future, the spurs game I can sort of understand since it drew some neutral interest, even if the timing was still shite; this game was just a pointless exercise that has had absolutely no benefits whatsoever, in fact it can only really reflect badly on us. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

How many Newcastle fans were in attendance do we reckon?

Wonder how many new fans we gained as well.

Just now, et tu brute said:

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you paid money to go

I mean I’ve paid money to go to plenty of meaningless friendlies and watched mainly reserves lose. Not sure what people were expecting at this stage of the season.