Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Feels like a waste of time when they could instead be playing at [Insert country more convinent for me]

"For any pre-season tour, our aim is to support the needs of our teams during this crucial period and the players will train and play at elite facilities in Japan. We are continuing to work collaboratively on our overall pre-season schedule and hope to announce additional matches in the UK and Europe soon."

Sounds like there'll be even more travelling in addition to the quick hops to Japan and Australia. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

"For any pre-season tour, our aim is to support the needs of our teams during this crucial period and the players will train and play at elite facilities in Japan. We are continuing to work collaboratively on our overall pre-season schedule and hope to announce additional matches in the UK and Europe soon."

Sounds like there'll be even more travelling in addition to the quick hops to Japan and Australia. 

Think it was rumoured a behind closed doors camp in Austria like a few years ago

40 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sure Hope or someone said we would be spending most of Julys training in Europe like last year

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Playing football in Japan in July. :lol: 

The players will sweat from parts of their body they didn't know they could sweat from. 

Them motherfuckers looked like they didn't know what hit them last summer in New Jersey. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Weznufc said:

They doing a sela cup again this year? Don't know if it's been announced yet. 

Yes according to something I read somewhere in the last week.  Can’t remember where though.

4 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Yes according to something I read somewhere in the last week.  Can’t remember where though.

Will probably be at St. James’ Park mate

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Playing football in Japan in July. :lol: 

The players will sweat from parts of their body they didn't know they could sweat from. 

Was thinking of going in July - it's VERY hot/humid at that time of year though.

1 hour ago, Weznufc said:

They doing a sela cup again this year? Don't know if it's been announced yet. 

Not confirmed but expected to be the weekend of 10th/11th August.

With all the injuries this season, I'm sure the club will be doing everything in their power to prevent this during the close/pre-season. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SteV said:

If you’re travelling out there, I would have thought so:

https://nufc.typeform.com/to/cPK4lE6m

No idea about the demand on the Japanese side of things.

Cheers, only problem is that I'm not a member or season ticket holder. I'll keep an eye out on the Japanese side if I can't get Newcastle tickets. 

Edited by macphisto

Wish I could go to these bar the melting in public aspect. 

For those who are going the Saitama stadium is class but a bit of a chew on to get to from central Tokyo. Any amount of food and beer stands outside the ground though. 

You used to be able to buy J league tickets in Lawson stores @macphisto on the cash machines. You’ll need someone who can read Japanese to help you though. Not sure if you still can.

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

For those who are going the Saitama stadium is class but a bit of a chew on to get to from central Tokyo. Any amount of food and beer stands outside the ground though. 

You used to be able to buy J league tickets in Lawson stores @macphisto on the cash machines. You’ll need someone who can read Japanese to help you though. Not sure if you still can.

The actual Lawson ticket sites in English and you can collect tickets in their stores or by scanning the QR. Not sure how much Japanese is required for that latter part mind. Doesnt seem to have much online for sports, last event was Jan but concerts are up to date so you never know.

14 hours ago, Disco said:

Thanks for the tip @Disco I'll look into it! I'm sure I can get something sorted one way or another. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Off topic slightly but do Waugh and Caulkin break any news? Seems to be always hope and Edwards with Ornstein for the transfers. 

Nah Ornstein is the news breaker at the Athletic