Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Sad I didn't stay up for the craic last night; looks like it was a fun one. 

Caught up on the highlights; mildly alarmed by how off the pace Tonali appeared (based on Villa's first two). Probably need to realise that not everyone is going to hit the ground running like Bruno and Isak. Might take wor Sandy a bit longer, particularly with the language barrier. 

Loved Anderson's goal.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Sandro was so bad for the first that I would be suprised if it was anything more than uncompetitive debut hiccups (against a decent side anyway, I know he played 45 against Gateshead).

He didn’t :lol: against rangers he did though. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Stayed up for this last night, and feel absolutely wrecked this morning, so just WFH.

Decent enough match, both sides still a bit rusty, and trying some things out and giving fringe players some game time. and I'm sure things will be a lot differnet for the opening PL match.

Some strange games/results in this tournament so far though... 4-3, 3-2, 3-3.  Good entertainment though for the Americans and the travelling fans.

Don't think I'll be staying up for the next one though, as I'll have to be 'In' work the next day.

Edited by TK-421

Nice of him to give away the tactics, for sure. 

The midfielders getting on the half turn and playing a direct ball through is Villa’s whole game. 

Hopefully we can figure out a way to nullify it, actually might be pressing less and just screening in front of them so they have to pass back. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Interesting to hear McGinn say that Villa's focus was get the ball in behind Bruno and Tonali. Definitely something we need to mull over before the league game.

Yeah, no surprise EH looking at different systems. We aren’t a surprise anymore. Teams know our strengths & weaknesses, so we need to evolve. Last year, by nullifying Bruno, we really did struggle.

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Good run out, Gordon looking sharp, I know it only pre season but we still look in desperate need of a LB

We didn’t play with one.

Started watching, determined to watch all. Fell asleep on sofa at 2-0, woke up half time. Decided to sleep in spare room and watch second half on ipad. Woke up at 4am with ipad on chest, having seen no more of it. 

Watched the goals, read the reports this morning.

Sounds like a decent kick about, that's exactly what the managers will have wanted.

Just now, brummie said:

Started watching, determined to watch all. Fell asleep on sofa at 2-0, woke up half time. Decided to sleep in spare room and watch second half on ipad. Woke up at 4am with ipad on chest, having seen no more of it. 

Sounds like a decent kick about, that's exactly what the managers will have wanted.

That’s all it was, just getting match fitness and sharpness back. 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Im tipping Villa to make the CL this season.

Over us.