Pre-season (2024/25): Newcastle United 1-0 Stade Brestois 29 (10/8/24 @ 4pm)

bowlingcrofty

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Lewis is only ever going to turn and pass backwards and can't carry the ball forward. 

We are in trouble if we ever have to use this guy.

Given that Hall, Burn, Kelly, Targett and Trippier are all ahead of him, I don't think we have to worry too much about that!

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah they've been much better and more competitive than Girona were.

However, this set of players look less sharp too.

Schar, Bruno and Trippier look like they aren't all the way back yet. Some lax play from the three of them.

They’re pressing better than Girona who gave us loads of space. They’re also leaving a bit in there on the tackles; not good to see pre season. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Surely we don't go into the season with Dubravka as number two? I winder if we'll revisit that Trafford deal.

Weird comment to make in the pre-season/match thread. Dubs hasn't put a foot wrong so far. Been good at sweeping, passing and making some decent saves. Based on this half he is absolutely good enough to be number two.

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on Osula. Good movement holding his position well. Looks quick. Two footed. Slotting them away like a bastard in the warm-up. Shame about the offside goal would have done him the world of good. 

Nice insight :thup:

Really like the look of him. 

Not a hint of nerves or uncertainty.

Think that goal would have done him some good anyway, even though it was given offside. Took it so well.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Surely we don't go into the season with Dubravka as number two? I winder if we'll revisit that Trafford deal.

I don’t wanna see it. Balls in behind when our defence has pressed high and seeing Dubravka rooted to his line gives me nightmares. Burnley now have Etienne Green and Vaclav Hladky so they have options. 

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

They’re pressing better than Girona who gave us loads of space. They’re also leaving a bit in there on the tackles; not good to see pre season. 

Yeah, true.

As it's the last prep before the season, don't mind it too much though, provided no one gets hurt of course!

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Weird comment to make in the pre-season/match thread. Dubs hasn't put a foot wrong so far. Been good at sweeping, passing and making some decent saves. Based on this half he is absolutely good enough to be number two.

We always know this isn't the case though, granted he hasn't been too bad today.

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

I don’t wanna see it. Balls in behind when our defence has pressed high and seeing Dubravka rooted to his line gives me nightmares. Burnley now have Etienne Green and Vaclav Hladky so they have options. 

He's swept everything that has come over the defence so far this game though :dontknow: