General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

Sickening that the "Hugo Viana he's number 45" song never happened or caught on. Everyone needs a Hugo for a cushion (pass).

:pilko:

Guest Howaythetoon

Viana was easily the best passer of a ball I've seen at NUFC.

His PL debut vs West Ham.  :megusta:

Was that the 4-0 win that could have been 8?

Guest Howaythetoon

Viana was a lush footballer to watch, so classy and effortless on the ball. I was over the mon when we signed him having watched him in an under 21 tournament where he was head and shoulders the best player. I still maintain he could have been a huge hit here, but not at the time where the PL was quicker and less tactical. Today he would thrive in the PL I feel.

Felt the same when we signed him. But let’s face it, he did very little here and nowt much afterwards. Portuguese Wilshere, Walcott, Welbeck... I’m not building up to calling him a wanker btw, just trying to think of examples of players who didn’t really (yet) fulfill their potential/flattered to deceive.

Overheard a great nostalgic conversation on a bus between 2 old timers the other day. They mentioned the "10 minute flag". Anyone remember that? I was just a bairn but iirc it was an NUFC flag in the Gallowgate corner taken down 10 mins from the end of home games? Some would leave on that signal but as a kid i can remember going in for the end of games when the gates opened to let people out.

Never heard of it but I suppose before modern communication it was easiest way to signal the time to open exits. I can remember going in for last few minutes during the mid seventies but wasn't aware of the flag situation. Fascinating though and I wish my older relatives were around to ask.

Overheard a great nostalgic conversation on a bus between 2 old timers the other day. They mentioned the "10 minute flag". Anyone remember that? I was just a bairn but iirc it was an NUFC flag in the Gallowgate corner taken down 10 mins from the end of home games? Some would leave on that signal but as a kid i can remember going in for the end of games when the gates opened to let people out.

That's correct. Not sure when it stopped being used but certainly as late as the 70's.