General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

The guy who was hanging around the club shop last week with the whole Castore thing was saying he couldn't afford the new kit yet because he was off to the 3 games in the USA next month. I think some of them are on a different planet tbh. 

Is that serious?

Just now, El Prontonise said:

My mate paid £500 for it in London.  Bonkers if you ask me.

I was saying to the wife it's actually soured my opinion on them tbh. 

It's not like a live podcast has the same production costs as other performances. Did you mate enjoy it at least?

£55 for a champions league might ticket might look good value compared to other premier league clubs - but I think it's steep, and tbh quite unnecessary considering the proportion of income that is generated via tickets sales VS Television money. The club could absolutely choose to insulate supporters from those sort of rises when necessities are rising so steeply - but have chosen not to. 

I also think it takes us a step closer towards getting the sort of crowd that we laugh at Man City fans for having. Tourists galore with cameras etc. Maybe not the coming season, but once the novelty wears off...

6 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

£55 for a champions league might ticket might look good value compared to other premier league clubs - but I think it's steep, and tbh quite unnecessary considering the proportion of income that is generated via tickets sales VS Television money. The club could absolutely choose to insulate supporters from those sort of rises when necessities are rising so steeply - but have chosen not to. 

I also think it takes us a step closer towards getting the sort of crowd that we laugh at Man City fans for having. Tourists galore with cameras etc. Maybe not the coming season, but once the novelty wears off...

There’s no reason for the club to try and insulate fans when 90% of the fanbase are happy to hound anyone who dares suggest it may be a bit steep. 

The City-fication of the club is inevitable unfortunately. 

Edited by Joseph

1 minute ago, Joseph said:

There’s no reason for the club to try and insulate fans when 90% of the fanbase are happy to hound anyone who dares suggest it may be a bit steep. 

The City-fication of the club is inevitable unfortunately. 

Aye some of the pile-ons I've seen on Facebook etc. today towards people questioning the price rises has been pathetic.

There’s a fine line to alienating the existing season ticket holders and trying to find ways to increase match day revenue. It’s a hard task for the club especially during the pressures everyone is facing cost of living wise.

I actually think the price of the CL tickets are fair, maybe if anything, it might bring about further availability of tickets. I’d happily pay for a home game at that price if it means I can get to a game - it’s been near enough impossible recently. Even when you consider that I live in London and all the other costs that are involved with travelling up mid week, I want to have the opportunity to get involved 

15 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

There’s a fine line to alienating the existing season ticket holders and trying to find ways to increase match day revenue. It’s a hard task for the club especially during the pressures everyone is facing cost of living wise.

I actually think the price of the CL tickets are fair, maybe if anything, it might bring about further availability of tickets. I’d happily pay for a home game at that price if it means I can get to a game - it’s been near enough impossible recently. Even when you consider that I live in London and all the other costs that are involved with travelling up mid week, I want to have the opportunity to get involved 

That's a good point, that tbh. 

I'd be fucking delighted if I was able to get to half a dozen league games, a CL game or two and a few cup games. Would honestly prefer the availability to be there for a season ticket but it is what it is. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's a good point, that tbh. 

I'd be fucking delighted if I was able to get to half a dozen league games, a CL game or two and a few cup games. Would honestly prefer the availability to be there for a season ticket but it is what it is. 

I’d love a season ticket, but I know I wouldn’t use every game so somebody would miss out because of me as I have chosen to avoid making the 500 mile round trip.

Likewise, it would be great to genuinely have the chance to get to a few home games next season, but I haven’t been since the Rafa days and I accept that means there’s no chance 

4 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Poor Holly though...

image.thumb.png.588fd1f830e207481baf242df161df97.png

:jesuswept:

I work full-time barely making enough to cover my bills whilst I’m not getting any younger. If I wanted to buy a Ferrari it would cost me 100 or more extra years of working alone. The North East is a region which is known for financial suffering. Disgraceful

#ferrari

At those prices mind, I think I’d rather watch it on BT and suffer their god awful commentary and pundit team than give £55 away for a ticket. Each to their own though.

7 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’d love a season ticket, but I know I wouldn’t use every game so somebody would miss out because of me as I have chosen to avoid making the 500 mile round trip.

Likewise, it would be great to genuinely have the chance to get to a few home games next season, but I haven’t been since the Rafa days and I accept that means there’s no chance 

Getting a ticket for home games is definitely possible, with a membership.

Away games I found impossible, even the ones furthest from Newcastle.

10 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

If you get a membership you can definitely get a ticket for a home game.

Theoretically its probably only because someone else couldn't afford it that fans like Holly have been able to get to games in the first place.

If it was easily affordable nobody outside of season tickets holders in 1993 would get to a game in the 90s and nobody not on the waiting list would have gotten to one by now, excluding those Ashley forced away.

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

My mate paid £500 for it in London.  Bonkers if you ask me.

Jesus. I was crazy jealous when I heard of it happening over here. Don't care how much I love the show, I'm not dropping that on a fucking podcast recording.

I think the last of the long term season ticket discount deals ends at the end of next season.  That will end the current system of some season ticket holders paying different rates.  That will be quite a big % increase to those coming off the deal.

Once they have all the pricing level I could see more significant price increases, as it stands season tickets are much better value than buying match by match.

One area I think they could get away with putting the prices up without too much heat is Platinum club/1892.  Premium/padded seats with dedicated bars are often a good bit more expensive at other clubs than a standard plastic seat with access to the general concourse.  Then look to keep eg the family enclosure as affordable as possible.

I can only see price rises in the future and I guess the question is how to do it fairly.

Another fantastic benefit of FFP: the club is forced to bleed the fans dry to maximise revenue when our owners have enough cash floating around to make SJP free entry and buy whichever players they fancy. 

On 16/06/2023 at 15:59, Hank Marvin said:

Hi mate,

It's my design, but I just did it as I was feeling creative and had a bit of spare time.

Coffee Johnny pointed out that I'm missing a fair few - He's right - There's a tonne of Northumberland towns I'm missing and few south of the river - Unbelievably enough, I missed Felling - Which is crazy.

So right now I'm working on a new design, if you give me a couple of days, I'll have a new and improved one with tonnes more towns, and it will have a tag line at the bottom...

'One Army'

'One Thousand Legions'

And then if you're interested in me getting something printed up - I'll work on that, though I was just gonna contact wor flags and send it to them as my pitiful little contrubution for a flag suggestion...I'm not sure they'd be interested though, but we'll see...

Anyway, 2 days, new one coming!

Cheers!

:indi:

I think it’s great btw, Hank. Incoming wallpaper on phone—once you have ‘The Mecca’ front and centre 😉

4 hours ago, OptimusSlime said:

I think the last of the long term season ticket discount deals ends at the end of next season.  That will end the current system of some season ticket holders paying different rates.  That will be quite a big % increase to those coming off the deal.

Once they have all the pricing level I could see more significant price increases, as it stands season tickets are much better value than buying match by match.

One area I think they could get away with putting the prices up without too much heat is Platinum club/1892.  Premium/padded seats with dedicated bars are often a good bit more expensive at other clubs than a standard plastic seat with access to the general concourse.  Then look to keep eg the family enclosure as affordable as possible.

I can only see price rises in the future and I guess the question is how to do it fairly.

"Then look to keep eg the family enclosure as affordable as possible."

I think the club probably regret having such a massive family section tbh. Ashley was happy to make it that big cos he was happy to fill seats by all means. There'd probably be some uproar if somehow they reduced it massively now.

2 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

"Then look to keep eg the family enclosure as affordable as possible."

I think the club probably regret having such a massive family section tbh. Ashley was happy to make it that big cos he was happy to fill seats by all means. There'd probably be some uproar if somehow they reduced it massively now.

To be fair they’ve basically got rid of the family section for the CL games with a flat £55 across the 3 categories (and that is at a discount for season ticket holders, it says).

£175 for the CL package for members?

5 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Another fantastic benefit of FFP: the club is forced to bleed the fans dry to maximise revenue when our owners have enough cash floating around to make SJP free entry and buy whichever players they fancy. 

True