General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

For the record, the club gives both Newcastle & Northumbria University unions tickets to sell at a discounted rate for it’s students.

Not sure about Northumbria, but Newcastle stopped getting them about 6 years ago IIRC. 

16 minutes ago, Stifler said:

When she got in with Wraith she started a whole campaign against fans who left after Rafa left and fans who couldn’t afford to go to games or keep season tickets. She was alright until she started saying that she was a better fan.

It was alright when she was replacing the lasses on Wraiths podcasts after he started attacking them because they distanced their involvement with his involvement with Tommy Robinson, and mammy & daddy could afford her season tickets.

Now she’s no longer to get in on a child’s ticket, mammy & daddy can no longer afford to send her to every game, and she’s expecting sympathy off the very people she stepped over to get her picture taken with Staveley on takeover day. She can learn and grow up as far as I’m concerned.

For the record, the club gives both Newcastle & Northumbria University unions tickets to sell at a discounted rate for it’s students.

Nailed it. Playing the super fan card and now bleating about prices? Sell a fucking kidney

32 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Couldn't you just as easily argue that it's been a disgrace for a long time? I was one of those kids that got to go to cup games under Keegan, but they were like £10 or £20

£20 in the mid 90s for Bristol City and Oldham might justify the CL pricing in 2023. 

I dont see it as a disgrace as much as that's just the way it is as it pre-dated me.

Think the problem is mostly it all mounting up. Like a financial version of players tiring after Europe and two cup runs. Individually its probably not that far off for what's being sold - number one league in the world and the biggest competition in club football. For all I far preferred the 90s

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s expensive but it’s hardly a disgrace is it? That’s the going rate

That’s the problem with what she has said. The very fact is, if she could afford it, or mammy & daddy we’re still paying, she wouldn’t be bothered and it wouldn’t be a disgrace. In fact she would be on the other side of the argument saying that you should expect to pay that. I say that because she has done exactly that in the past.

It’s a bit like the shirt argument from the weekend when some people were getting slated for paying £70 for buying the shirt when it could be the only thing they can afford this year and that they may only be afford to wear the shirt whilst watching the scores come in, instead of being able to buy match tickets.

It’s also similar to the council houses and Sky TV debate, forgetting that people in council houses by a rule of thumb, usually have less disposable income than others, and having TV to watch every night is a lot cheaper than going out for meals, the cinema, matches etc. 

There's also the benefit these days of being able to pay by direct debit and spread the costs for season tickets? Can't remember that being the case until the last few year, also:

1997 - Newcastle v PSV - £25 each 

1997 - Minimum wage - N/A

1997 - Average weekly wage (NE England) - £299.40 

2002 - Newcastle v Juventus - £27 each

2002 - Minimum wage - £4.20 p/h

2002 - Average weekly wage - (NE England) - £344.80

2023 - CL tickets - £55 each 

2023 - Minimum wage - £10.42 p/h

2023 - (no date for average weekly wage in 2023 since the April mins wage pay rise)

It seems on par with past campaigns which weren't considered expensive? 

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Can you buy this?

Hi mate,

It's my design, but I just did it as I was feeling creative and had a bit of spare time.

Coffee Johnny pointed out that I'm missing a fair few - He's right - There's a tonne of Northumberland towns I'm missing and few south of the river - Unbelievably enough, I missed Felling - Which is crazy.

So right now I'm working on a new design, if you give me a couple of days, I'll have a new and improved one with tonnes more towns, and it will have a tag line at the bottom...

'One Army'

'One Thousand Legions'

And then if you're interested in me getting something printed up - I'll work on that, though I was just gonna contact wor flags and send it to them as my pitiful little contrubution for a flag suggestion...I'm not sure they'd be interested though, but we'll see...

Anyway, 2 days, new one coming!

Cheers!

:indi:

3 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Wait till the mackems see this. Bet there's a few on there that they reckon are theirs. 500 page thread on RTG incoming.

#Fyewmin

Let em fywem.

I'm making a new one with tonnes more towns anyway, missed loads, including Felling somehow...never be able to show me face in the local asda ever again, for shame.

8 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Hi mate,

It's my design, but I just did it as I was feeling creative and had a bit of spare time.

Coffee Johnny pointed out that I'm missing a fair few - He's right - There's a tonne of Northumberland towns I'm missing and few south of the river - Unbelievably enough, I missed Felling - Which is crazy.

So right now I'm working on a new design, if you give me a couple of days, I'll have a new and improved one with tonnes more towns, and it will have a tag line at the bottom...

'One Army'

'One Thousand Legions'

And then if you're interested in me getting something printed up - I'll work on that, though I was just gonna contact wor flags and send it to them as my pitiful little contrubution for a flag suggestion...I'm not sure they'd be interested though, but we'll see...

Anyway, 2 days, new one coming!

Cheers!

:indi:

Quality work mate you might want to add Thornley onto it for the famous flag in the Strawberry corner. Someone else might live there too! 😉

Edited by pedro111

2 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Let em fywem.

I'm making a new one with tonnes more towns anyway, missed loads, including Felling somehow...never be able to show me face in the local asda ever again, for shame.

Pissed off I couldn't find shiremoor or backworth, complete disrespect to NE27*

*Unless it's the teeny ones I can't read [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There's also the benefit these days of being able to pay by direct debit and spread the costs for season tickets? Can't remember that being the case until the last few year, also:

2023 - (no date for average weekly wage in 2023 since the April mins wage pay rise)

Those costs are the equivalent of like £45 in 2023 and we've also have much higher cost of living, so (guessing a bit) like a 20% rise in ticket price along with 150% higher cost of living or something from 1997 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Pissed off I couldn't find shiremoor or backworth, complete disrespect to NE27*

*Unless it's the teeny ones I can't read [emoji38]

Shiremoor is on the right bottom hand corner of the 'C' - Under Ponteland...but aren't we all? Rich bastards.

Backworth I may have missed, but err, we'll just say it's one of the teeny tiny ones, which will give me time to actually add it to the new one! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Shiremoor is on the right bottom hand corner of the 'C' - Under Ponteland...but aren't we all? Rich bastards.

Backworth I may have missed, but err, we'll just say it's one of the teeny tiny ones, which will give me time to actually add it to the new one! :lol:

[emoji38]

I'm only joking mate, it's definitely a sound idea for wor flags. 

Added bonus of pissing the mackems off with hotly contested city boundaries.

Edited by NE27

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Good intel.

For further context it was £26 in 97 (literally PSV was the stub I found) and £32 in 02 where I sat.

It was the perspective of having to pay for them all at the same time that brought it home.

Hull (bottom of the 4th division) in the league-cup was more expensive than Barcelona in the CL a month earlier.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Those costs are the equivalent of like £45 in 2023 and we've also have much higher cost of living, so (guessing a bit) like a 20% rise in ticket price along with 150% higher cost of living or something from 1997 

But people who could afford a ticket in 2002 for example on £4.20 could get one on £10.42. The same sort of people would be able to go in 2002 as today.

Average UK petrol costs today, 143.3p per litre (source: RAC), 69.9p in 2002. Going by hourly wage it's around the same?

Again, I think people are just noticing it more because Ashley ran us cheap as he could and kept ticket prices way lower than what we could have expected if we'd been ambitious and spending money so it's standing out more. We've been stuck at 2010ish prices for 12 years. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

That will teach us for having a good team. Personally, I’d rather we were back in the good old days, watching us roll our sleeves up whilst paying £15 to see us in the early rounds of the league cup. 

The other thing about that tweet is, even if you could afford to get to every single game... er, what gives you the right? Are you oblivious to the legions of fans who can't get in these days? Let someone else have a go.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I get what you're saying, I just think the solution there is that you could have afforded to go to more matches rather than she shouldn't because you couldn't, if that makes sense. 

Yeah I get that. 

I just think that expectation was dropped under Ashley. We're now closer to where we were when I was a kid, where tickets were harder to get and cost a bit more because you're genuinely watching the elite. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The other thing about that tweet is, even if you could afford to get to every single game... er, what gives you the right? Are you oblivious to the legions of fans who can't get in these days? Let someone else have a go.

It's your classic social media in a huff post to get sympathy, likes etc.  I agree with that there's a different argument to ensure that tickets remain as cheap as possible etc instead of being a race to grabbing as much money as possible (I can't understand those who pay £70+ for replica top personally).

Also the sooner social media is banned the better for humanity tbf, or nufc one for that matter.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

It's your classic social media in a huff post to get sympathy, likes etc.  I agree with that there's a different argument to ensure that tickets remain as cheap as possible etc instead of being a race to grabbing as much money as possible (I can't understand those who pay £70+ for replica top personally).

Also the sooner social media is banned the better for humanity tbf, or nufc one for that matter.

The guy who was hanging around the club shop last week with the whole Castore thing was saying he couldn't afford the new kit yet because he was off to the 3 games in the USA next month. I think some of them are on a different planet tbh.