General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

35 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Saw this stat and it didn't surprise me. Feels like we've had loads of different goalscorers this season, in part due to the sheet rotation of injuries we've had throughout.

FB-IMG-1707837920184.jpg

It's fantastic how the non-attackers have stepped up but it's incredibly unsustainable, as has been the case with everything about the team post-Autumn. It's a minor miracle that our immediate rivals have had flaws of their own and we've remained right in the mix despite everything. And a credit to the team as well, obviously; those two away wins were fecking huge. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

It's fantastic how the non-attackers have stepped up but it's incredibly unsustainable, as has been the case with everything about the team post-Autumn. It's a minor miracle that our immediate rivals have had flaws of their own and we've remained right in the mix despite everything. And a credit to the team as well, obviously; those two away wins were fecking huge. 

TBF you don't have to be THAT good to be 6th/7th.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

TBF you don't have to be THAT good to be 6th/7th.

I don't know like. You definitely have to be better than 13/14 other teams in the most difficult league in the world but, aye, not THAT good 😂

Edited by Groundhog63

12 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I don't know like. You definitely have to be better than 13/14 other teams in the most difficult league in the world but, aye, not THAT good 😂

Man Utd are 6th - they are not that good. I'm sure you would agree? We both finished bottom of our CL groups.

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Man Utd are 6th - they are not that good. I'm sure you would agree? We both finished bottom of our CL groups.

They were in a shit group tho. We had fucking nails and were robbed.

😉

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Anyone got the invite for that Shay Given/Nick Pope digital event on Thursday?

Aye, more interested in the quiz aspect of it tbh. I've zero experience of using Zoom so a little apprehensive.

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

We’d have made it out of their group. 

17 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Theyve not had the injury mess we've had has well. No players rushed back either unfit with reoccurring injuries 

2 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Theyve not had the injury mess we've had has well. No players rushed back either unfit with reoccurring injuries 

Is this sarcasm? Martinez just came back and got injured straight away. Casemiro has barely played all season. Shaw been out a long time. Eriksen too.

Their uptick in form coincides with their injury crisis easing up.

As it stands - we are not that good and that's ok. We don't need to be that good to finish in the top 6-7. We'll be there or thereabouts if we can win 50% of our remaining matches. We'll need to be better for 5th.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Is this sarcasm? Martinez just came back and got injured straight away. Casemiro has barely played all season. Shaw been out a long time. Eriksen too.

Their uptick in form coincides with their injury crisis easing up.

As it stands - we are not that good and that's ok. We don't need to be that good to finish in the top 6-7. We'll be there or thereabouts if we can win 50% of our remaining matches. We'll need to be better for 5th.

No.

We've had more - true or false?

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I assume so.

But that doesn't change that we are not and have not been THAT good when we do play. Hence why we are fighting 6th-9th.

But we've still had more injuries. That was my point only 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I assume so.

But that doesn't change that we are not and have not been THAT good when we do play. Hence why we are fighting 6th-9th.

On just about every metric from goals scored and against, goal difference, xG, xGA, and xPTS we've been better than them for two years. We've played them six times since the takeover and our record is 3W, 2D, 1L. 

But they finished above us last season, they probably will again this season, and they beat us in a final. That's what's so damn annoying.

Thought the ten year season ticket deal expired this season so was fully prepared for a big price increase but according to my online account have been charged another £467 again for next season, a nice unexpected bonus[emoji38].

Edited by Geogaddi

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Thought the ten year season ticket deal expired this season so was fully prepared for a big price increase but according to my online account have been charged another £467 again for next season, a nice unexpected bonus[emoji38].

It’s a very odd situation. There seems to be varying deals that people are on. 

Mine expired at the start of this season, and I’m sure some people’s did the season before.

I’m sure we still weren’t offering the deal at the start of the 14/15 season, but take whatever you can get!

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s a very odd situation. There seems to be varying deals that people are on. 

Mine expired at the start of this season, and I’m sure some people’s did the season before.

I’m sure we still weren’t offering the deal at the start of the 14/15 season, but take whatever you can get!

I am not 100% but I think we got these ten year ones in 2011, no idea how they are still going but people have said we got extra years due to the two relegations and Covid season,I have no idea but I am not going to question it .

Edited by Geogaddi

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

I seen someone a while back had an email from the club saying we are getting another years price freeze like

I pay monthly so hope its the case

If you check your online ticket account then under history then payments it should show a transaction recently, mine shows on the 13/02/24 and then has the amount for the full year which comes out by direct debit each month.

Edited by Geogaddi