General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Whose he referring to when he's talking about someone writing 'that sort of article'? EDIT: Appearance from Wraith :anguish: 

First time I've seen that, since the time at least. Be interesting to know.

Spookily similar to Keegan at Charlton having a pop at reporting "you know the fella that wrote that..." then storming off. Also gone soon after.

Edited by Wolfcastle

21 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I haven't looked yet but I'd hazard a guess that based on average score it'll be Isak because of the amount of times he's grabbed a brace and got a good score because of it.

Cumulatively it can only be Gordon, Bruno, or Schär because of how much they've played and I'd guess it'll be Gordon. 

@Yorkie At the moment based on overall average PPG it's Livramento, cumulatively it's Bruno with Gordon 0.5 behind him, then Schär, Trippier, Isak. It's also in that same order for average PPG for players who've played more than 2/3rds of the games.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Extras needed at SJP for a E-Racing promo if anyone reading this and wants to get along from 12ish for shooting anytime up until 6pm today as short of numbers.

Isak Gordon and either Tripps or Pope for this section if that entices anyone! 

Check in at Milburn Reception.

On 15/04/2024 at 14:18, LFEE said:

Everton away. Luton away are two straight off top of my head. West Ham away also possibly and Bournemouth away. Not many though but he was right in saying he needed to contribute more away from home..

Gordon's December gets a write-off from me. He, and many others, shouldn't have even been playing some of those games. No legs.

59 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Gordon's December gets a write-off from me. He, and many others, shouldn't have even been playing some of those games. No legs.

Pretty much the whole team to be honest!

6 minutes ago, 80 said:

Pretty much the whole team to be honest!

The eight games that month, given how stretched the squad were, took a big bite out of our ambitions for this season. Lost to Forest, Luton, and Everton 0 points when we could have reasonably expected 7 points. Not to mention getting knocked out of Champions league in home reverse to Milan and heartbreak of injury time equaliser at Chelsea and subsequent loss on pens to miss out on a successive LC SF. 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

The eight games that month, given how stretched the squad were, took a big bite out of our ambitions for this season. Lost to Forest, Luton, and Everton 0 points when we could have reasonably expected 7 points. Not to mention getting knocked out of Champions league in home reverse to Milan and heartbreak of injury time equaliser at Chelsea and subsequent loss on pens to miss out on a successive LC SF. 

It devastated our season, and outside of playing a team of kids to give the first team a full 6 day rest, I don't think anything could've been done about it. December was a direct contributor to us not winning against the likes of Luton and Bournemouth at home in February, also.

23 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

It looks like nufc.co.uk is dead and it now diverts to newcastleunited.com

Wonder if they approached Niall and Biffa? Doubt they would ever give it up. If memory serves the club tried to get NUFC.com years ago.

28 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

It looks like nufc.co.uk is dead and it now diverts to newcastleunited.com

Good spot. Interesting change 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Makes sense tbh, doubt many people use the abbreviation "NUFC" outside of the fanbase.  

I’d imagine it’s more to do with them wanting a .com address and nufc.com is already taken 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I’d imagine it’s more to do with them wanting a .com address and nufc.com is already taken 

Agree - hence my question about whether they may have approached Niall and Biffa again. It seems like newcastleunited.com has been owned continuously since the late 90's so it was probably already in the stable and made sense to use that regardless.

Worrying that they didn't consult the fans before changing the name. 

Hopefully it doesn't set a precedent going forward. 

.com is one thing, but it's also better branding. 

tottenhamhotspur.com

mancity.com

manutd.com

arsenal.com

liverpoolfc.com

realmadrid.com

juventus.com

It's a very small step, but indicative of the type of thinking we're doing. Good to see.

I would expect that the change is part of recommendations following a content audit of the site.

Hopefully it was done by someone external or they have new staff because it was a pretty big thing to not have done, even in the time since the takeover, let alone the Ashley era.

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

They were slated to release a new site last month with an app not massively far behind. 

Can’t come soon enough like, current website is way behind some of our rivals 

52 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I would expect that the change is part of recommendations following a content audit of the site.

Hopefully it was done by someone external or they have new staff because it was a pretty big thing to not have done, even in the time since the takeover, let alone the Ashley era.

The club's budget for this work was surprisingly low as of last Autumn. Make of that what you will.

Bigger clubs are notoriously worky tickets for this though as they tend to expect heavily-discounted work due to their brand with the promise of case studies and company boxes etc.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

The club's budget for this work was surprisingly low as of last Autumn. Make of that what you will.

PIF OUT

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Worrying that they didn't consult the fans before changing the name. 

Hopefully it doesn't set a precedent going forward. 

Howe out tbh

11 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Can’t come soon enough like, current website is way behind some of our rivals 

Only sites worse are the chronic and hmrc

46 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Bigger clubs are notoriously worky tickets for this though as they tend to expect heavily-discounted work due to their brand with the promise of case studies and company boxes etc.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that the people in charge of these decisions completely undervalue SEO like. :lol: Every conference I go to it's the same across countless institutions and nigh on every success story involves someone in the Web or marketing team finding a way to have the ear of someone high up.