General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

37 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Tickets still available for the Sheff Utd match. Quite surprising that they still haven't managed to shift the 10k tickets.

I'm actually amazed at that.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Want to say 2003ish, we played Wolves and someone else I think?

Bruce must be sorting out the pre season as though we are still on a budget, Rafa will be putting together the real one as we speak.

Edited by Ben

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Think we maybe did it in Holland as well? 

IIRC first team went to America and reserves/youth went to Holland. Barton and I think Ranger had to go to Holland instead of America because of their criminal records 

7 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Saw that's the first time today a keeper's ever scored for Liverpool. Has it ever happened for us? I know it hasn't in my lifetime, and never heard of any instance. 

Today's was sixth in PL btw.

https://www.90min.com/posts/goalkeepers-scored-premier-league

3 hoofs up the pitch, 3 from corners. Surprisingly Allison's was the first headed one in PL. I assumed most were, but there's the hoofs and Schmeichel and Friedel shot with their foot.

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Some good memories here, as ever the night before and build up was brilliant.  Also remember this bloke as the Geordie Pope on Wembley Way.

I think I spy myself on that top photo. I'm the idiot with his back to the camera wearing a blue Levi jacket at the extreme left about half way up. It looks like my mate Jim with his shades on against the wall facing the camera in front of me. I'd wore that jacket at a couple of games in the early rounds, so of course me being superstitious decided to wear it for every game in the rest of the cup run. It doesn't really look it in that photo, but it was absolutely melting hot that day (over 100° inside the ground). I ended up with mild sunstroke. 

26 minutes ago, bigfella said:

I think I spy myself on that top photo. I'm the idiot with his back to the camera wearing a blue Levi jacket at the extreme left about half way up. It looks like my mate Jim with his shades on against the wall facing the camera in front of me. I'd wore that jacket at a couple of games in the early rounds, so of course me being superstitious decided to wear it for every game in the rest of the cup run. It doesn't really look it in that photo, but it was absolutely melting hot that day (over 100° inside the ground). I ended up with mild sunstroke. 

Aye, it was a hot one proper cup final weather. Also remember Dalglish coming outside the old tunnel entrance before the match to give some tickets out. I think the commentator Brian Moore paid tribute as we we’re all still singing when Arsenal we’re going up to lift the cup. Great memories despite the result.

I was sitting looking depressed on Wembley Way after the match (as an 8 year old) and people started ditching their failed cup final merch to me - got a flag, rosette and a couple of other things.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Guest neesy111
30 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I was sitting looking depressed on Wembley Way after the match (as an 8 year old) and people started ditching their failed cup final merch to me - got a flag, rosette and a couple of other things.

Remember crying (I was 10) after we lost this final.

Those scenes are just incredible, particularly in the city the day after the final. Really makes you proud. And makes you all the more sick when you think of the messes running the club who sneer and exploit and ruin. 

Always remember a lone Arsenal fan walking past the Duke Of York pub at Kings Cross giving it the big one after the game, there must have been at least 500 Newcastle fans outside drinking in the sun. Suffice to say plastic glasses we’re launched from all angles at him, never seen anyone look as bedraggled in my life. Even the met police we’re laughing at the knacker, apart from that was a very friendly cup final with both sets of fans mixing well all day. 

I think the big market in town was a scene of carnage after the match if I remember rightly though.

Edited by Whitley mag