General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

30 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Those scenes are just incredible, particularly in the city the day after the final. Really makes you proud. And makes you all the more sick when you think of the messes running the club who sneer and exploit and ruin. 

Aye, we really are a special club - or were, I worry Ashley could damage that connection long term.

I also remember going into the HMV around Leicester Square the night of the final and buying our official (Sting-penned) FA Cup final song. The guy working there was proper laughing at me and got his mate over to laugh too (again, I was 8).

Listening to the Totally European Show and Hugo Viana being lauded as the brains behind getting the current Sporting coaching set up together that won the league.

I remember being at the Arsenal cup final but it's all hazy, weird memory of being on the tube and constantly singing about Graeme Rix for some reason .

39 minutes ago, GWN said:

I remember being at the Arsenal cup final but it's all hazy, weird memory of being on the tube and constantly singing about Graeme Rix for some reason .

Wasn’t that the Chelsea SF? I suppose Rix did play for Arsenal but his conviction wasn’t for a year or so yet.

Not sure when it hit the press…

Edited by Sima

Must have been the Chelsea one [emoji38] I remember the Arsenal one for being a shite performance, the day was great, I only ever went twice up and down in the same day so wasn't much of a story for me . The Chelsea one I think we scored and I fell about 10 rows forward at the bottom , Wembley was a shithole mind .

5 minutes ago, GWN said:

Must have been the Chelsea one [emoji38] I remember the Arsenal one for being a shite performance, the day was great, I only ever went twice up and down in the same day so wasn't much of a story for me . The Chelsea one I think we scored and I fell about 10 rows forward at the bottom , Wembley was a shithole mind .

Arsenal was poor and we were never going to win it, but think the ManU one was even more of a washout. We at least hit the bar and post in the Arsenal one, you'd fancy Shearer to score the post one really. Speed had a good chance too. Don't remember any fleeting hope in the ManU one. Shame we couldn't even make it to 30 mins in either of them.

25 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Arsenal was poor and we were never going to win it, but think the ManU one was even more of a washout. We at least hit the bar and post in the Arsenal one, you'd fancy Shearer to score the post one really. Speed had a good chance too. Don't remember any fleeting hope in the ManU one. Shame we couldn't even make it to 30 mins in either of them.

Think the hope was they’d field a weakened side ready for that night in Barcelona a few days later. Also had a glimmer when Keane went off injured, only for his replacement to score seemingly straight away. :lol:

5 hours ago, GWN said:

I was a very young looking 16 year old at that game and I remember walking down Wembley way after the match and a couple of our (slightly drunk) fans warning me about Graeme Rix, didn't really understand it at the time. 

Being dead in line with Rob Lee's header from Shearer's cross was mint though but... Poyet, man. 

Crazy, after getting 2 wins, and I think 11 points on that 19 match league run, there might actually be a chance we finish in 12th place.

Fulham vs Newcastle

Arsenal vs BHA

Wolves vs Man Utd (probably easier than it looks given Man Utd guaranteed 2nd, and have Europa final on the horizon)

West Ham vs Southampton

Liverpool vs Palace

Now, Fulham are still favourites to beat Newcastle (6/5 at most places), and had a decent point the other day, but if we were to match the result on the final day of 2 seasons ago (ironically Rafa's last match, will history repeat itself...) then a 3 goal swing would take us above Wolves, and it would also mean that Palace and Southampton would need to win as well.

On the other hand, we could just as easily finish 16th, or even 17th if we lost, and Brighton sneaked a point, and Burnley beat Sheff Utd comfortably, but 12th would be pretty shocking considering that pathetic run we went on. Quite a big difference 12th to 17th, at least from big Mike's pockets POV.

I was at the Chelsea SF on those seats at the front with no back and hardly any slope. 

Was only 10 so could hardly see a thing and was with my mam who couldn't lift me up, the random geordie next to me lifted me up so i could see the players coming onto the pitch, and i somehow managed to see Lee's goal, spent the rest of the game staring at the back of someones head.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

5 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I was at the Chelsea SF on those seats at the front with no back and hardly any slope. 

Was only 10 so could hardly see a thing and was with my mam who couldn't lift me up, the random geordie next to me lifted me up so i could see the players coming onto the pitch, and i somehow managed to see Lee's goal, spent the rest of the game staring at the back of someones head.

I was the same age, I used to always stand on the seat when I was a short arse kid at away games.

Somehow Andy Cole, despite winning the golden boot with 34 goals, was not in the  1993/94 PFA team of the year (which had three striker places!). And he had the most assists in league! Shearer, Beardsley and Cantona took them.

He won PFA Young Player though. Were you not eligible if you're young like?

Edited by Inferior Acuña

8 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I was the same age, I used to always stand on the seat when I was a short arse kid at away games.

Aye 98/99 I had to stand on the shitty bench thing to see. 96 was upstairs so was better albeit wooden seat and posts blocked some of it.

My overriding memory of Chelsea is not seeing the bloke next to me after the goal as he got too carried away and the bloke in front falling asleep.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

HTT will be proud of that chart.

Bald is beautiful, unless you’re Steve Wraith...

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

HTT will be proud of that chart.

I expect to see Rocker on that list soon...