Dan Ashworth (now working for Manchester United)

Rich

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If you're using PSR to try and differentiate, then streamlining operations and cost cutting makes even more sense for a football club than a regular business.

You're thinking of De Jong. Bit racist.

How come ? If you own a business you can back it through any debts you want to run up, the opposite of PSR.

1 minute ago, madras said:

How come ? If you own a business you can back it through any debts you want to run up, the opposite of PSR.

I feel like this is supporting my point rather than yours? If we have an overinflated workforce, it's pretty much a necessity to streamline it, especially as you can't back it through debt due to PSR.

Either way, I wish we'd all stop acting like optimising a workforce isn't part and parcel of pretty much any corporation. 

36 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I feel like this is supporting my point rather than yours? If we have an overinflated workforce, it's pretty much a necessity to streamline it, especially as you can't back it through debt due to PSR.

Either way, I wish we'd all stop acting like optimising a workforce isn't part and parcel of pretty much any corporation. 

Not really, If I want to work at a massive loss employing more than is necessary and I'm prepared to cover that, I can without any punishment or penalty like a normal business could.

Edited by madras

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Got to admire your steadfast loyalty to Man Utd Froggy, but this move is absolutely crass 

I never said it wasn't crass mind. At the end of the day there's going to be a lot of people out of a job. 

My point is that if there has been a review and the workforce is overinflated, I don't see what people expect a business owner to do. Continue losing £7.5m a year so you're seen as a nice guy? 

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I never said it wasn't crass mind. At the end of the day there's going to be a lot of people out of a job. 

My point is that if there has been a review and the workforce is overinflated, I don't see what people expect a business owner to do. Continue losing £7.5m a year so you're seen as a nice guy? 

Businesses' need to be sustainable, but the typical Tory way is to cut jobs, I have no idea of the make up of the departments or if they are massively overstaffed, but this stinks of giving the ones that are left more a lot more work to "sweat the assets" .

Hard working people losing out because of horrific transfer dealings by incompetent higher level staff that will most likely keep their jobs. That level of staffing for an organisation with a £700 million a year turnover seems fairly normal to me.  

8 minutes ago, madras said:

Wait until the zero hour agency staff come in.......

Skim Jim getting the subcontracting in for UberEats, Just Eat and Deliveroo in their downtime. Half the time scouting, the other half delivering delicious jalfrezis.

200.gif?cid=ab54380adoxud31m4xpajnel2qt8