Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Just now, manorpark said:

Logically, any income we get from his move to Manchester will be "income" to the club and will increase our turnover figure for FFP. It doesn't matter that it might get called "compensation" I do not see how it can be recorded as anything other than income, in the accounts.

I meant his wages are unlikely to be included in FFP.

Any compensation we get for him should be.

28 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Why? I've included every player that was part of both squads in 22/23. I've included Diallo, Bailly and Phil bloody Jones in ours.

Aye I know where the figure came from, I'm just saying it's wrong. :lol: Unless I've made a glaring error.

They're taken from club accounts, not internet rumours, no?

Just now, Shearergol said:

They're taken from club accounts, not internet rumours, no?

I've overestimated on every player based on the most reliable sources, and included all add-ons.

It's just flat out wrong. It's over £300m out.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I've overestimated on every player based on the most reliable sources, and included all add-ons.

It's just flat out wrong. It's over £300m out.

It's taken directly from your accounts. How can it be wrong? :lol:

Two words for me. 

Jesse.

Lingard.

Man United can literally fuck off with their whining - I hope the club make them bend over backwards. I hope we take them all to the cleaners.

If people continue to joke that our owners, mainly the Saudi connection, are ruthless then that's exactly what we should give them. 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

It's taken directly from your accounts. How can it be wrong? :lol:

We can see the accounts. We know what the transfer fees are. :lol:  Some are undisclosed but widely reported. The experts aren't getting these wrong by £30/40m. :lol:

2 hours ago, brummie said:

'68 here and I definitely hate Liverpool more. 

Worth remembering, anyone our sort of age, Man U didn't win the league in the first 24 years of our lives and also managed to get relegated. That lent them a certain shitness that softened things, but Liverpool hoovered up silverware and their fucking fans, and the media, were unbearable.

I don't give a fuck about Arsenal, but I remember sitting in our student house in Gateshead watching that Michael Thomas championship decider in 1989 and every single one of the dozen or so of us watching really, really wanted Liverpool to fuck it. It remains one of the best football events I've ever seen in terms of schadenfreude.

Definitely an era thing then. I could have typed that word for word.

43 minutes ago, thebalersfull said:

I got some info about this (from his best mate) and apparently he's not been happy for a while, PIF have restricted his role and he doesn't get the freedom he was expecting to do his job, so I guess can't blame him for wanting to leave

Considering his penchant for job-hopping, I'd say it was a wise move to restrict his role. Hopefully that means he won't have had access to all of our intel, although in reality he probably has.

The Times was reporting today that we are looking for £15m compensation, not the £20m reported yesterday. Hard to tell if that is accurate, as the national rags are probably negotiating on Man U's behalf.

I’m mostly intrigued by his motivations for leaving. Could be as simple as he’s friends with Ratcliffe and the allure of rebuilding one of the largest clubs in world football is too good an opportunity to pass up.

I don’t imagine money is a driver, since we’re likely paying him top dollar as it is.

The narrative coming out of his camp seems to be that he feels he’s been misled regarding his role here and/or cut out of the inner circle. If true, I’m curious as to why that’s the case. It’s not preposterous to wonder if he has been treated unfairly by PIF.

Could be a combination of those things! At this point it’s pure speculation.

30 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I meant his wages are unlikely to be included in FFP.

Any compensation we get for him should be.

That doesnt make any sense tbh. Either both or neither count one should think.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

I’m mostly intrigued by his motivations for leaving. Could be as simple as he’s friends with Ratcliffe and the allure of rebuilding one of the largest clubs in world football is too good an opportunity to pass up.

I don’t imagine money is a driver, since we’re likely paying him top dollar as it is.

The narrative coming out of his camp seems to be that he feels he’s been misled regarding his role here and/or cut out of the inner circle. If true, I’m curious as to why that’s the case. It’s not preposterous to wonder if he has been treated unfairly by PIF.

Because it soon became apparent he's a snakey cunt would be my guess. I reckon Eddie sussed him out pretty quickly and tipped off the bigwigs upstairs.

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

Considering his penchant for job-hopping

I’m still not sure I buy this framing. He did three years at Brighton, six with the national team, and five with West Brom before that. Are front office staff meant to spend their entire careers with a single club? 

Given that he’s spent at least a few years at each of his previous roles, the fact that he’s looking to leave now after only what, a season and a half?, suggests to me that there’s more afoot than him simply being a “greedy snake.”

Edited by Deuce

3 minutes ago, Deuce said:

It's not out of the realms of possibility that he would've been given some serious shit, along with others, for Tonali considering how big that fee was in relation to our now-obvious FFP situation?

There's been 10+ scheduled trains leave Central Station heading to Manchester today.

Haven't seen him on one yet. 

Will report back later.

Just now, TRon said:

Because it soon became apparent he's a snakey cunt would be my guess. I reckon Eddie sussed him out pretty quickly and tipped off the bigwigs upstairs.

For which there is zero evidence, mind.

3 minutes ago, Deuce said:

For which there is zero evidence, mind.

I'm reading between the lines. How often do you see Howe commenting on matters above his station? He didn't say it in so many words but I don't think he wants Ashworth around the place.

Just now, TRon said:

I'm reading between the lines. How often do you see Howe commenting on matters above his station? He didn't say it in so many words but I don't think he wants Ashworth around the place.

Maybe Howe’s the cunt.

18 minutes ago, Deuce said:

He's leaving because he's close with one of the key people involved in the new Man Utd group. I forget the name, but it has been reported already. Think they worked together at Brighton.

I'm excited to see who we bring in to be honest. Be interesting to go back and see who else we interviewed at the time we appointed Ashworth. Think Emenalo was one, but he's now working in Saudi.