Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

5 hours ago, Froggy said:

Incredible how opinion changed on this guy once we started getting linked. :lol:

No concrete sources from our end reporting this yet. Wheeler isn't totally unreliable, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't understand why someone would come from Newcastle to us now given the trajectory of the two clubs, but I suppose the appeal of being the man responsible of taking us back to the top is very appealing. He would be treated like a God.

He’s probably the dog’s danglies but he’s not been here long enough to have made a significant impact and he wasn’t involved in our early transfer market successes. I think most Toon fans are nonplussed at the links, if he wants to leave before he’s even got started so be it. There are  others out there who would jump at the chance.

Howe said he expects to see him here long term, looks like maybe a non story. I'm always a big believer that if anyone does want to go then get them out asap doesn't matter who it is, but I feel Howe would have discussed everything internally, although he did quantify it by saying it's not for him to discuss another person's news

15 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Howe said he expects to see him here long term, looks like maybe a non story. I'm always a big believer that if anyone does want to go then get them out asap doesn't matter who it is, but I feel Howe would have discussed everything internally, although he did quantify it by saying it's not for him to discuss another person's news

I saw that too.  I did make me wonder why Howe has to field these types of questions constantly interviews - considering we’ve stocked up now on senior figures at the club instead of just tea boy Penfold, why are they not fielding questions from time to time?  

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I saw that too.  I did make me wonder why Howe has to field these types of questions constantly interviews - considering we’ve stocked up now on senior figures at the club instead of just tea boy Penfold, why are they not fielding questions from time to time?  

Possibly because he’s excellent at dealing with them 

My take on Dan Ashworth is the same take as any employee at the football club.

If the rumours are true and he's wanting out then I wash my hands of him straight away. He basically means nothing to me just as any player wanting out before they have any real impact at the club.

Life goes on and so does the football club, whoever departs.

But as we all know, rumours are just that until the proof in the pudding comes to the fore.

1 hour ago, magvicar said:

If the rumours are true and he's wanting out then I wash my hands of him straight away. He basically means nothing to me just as any player wanting out before they have any real impact at the club.

But as we all know, rumours are just that until the proof in the pudding comes to the fore.

Apparently he told Staveley to go fuck herself and stormed out a meeting this week according to TalkSport. 

2 hours ago, magvicar said:

I must admit I'm also very vindictive like this, I would never beg anyone to stay, they want to go, fuck them.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Apparently he told Staveley to go fuck herself and stormed out a meeting this week according to TalkSport. 

Yes, and I told her that too, regularly, most weeks.

And if you believe me and/or TalkSport, then you are just a lost cause . . . 

There's always the risk that Man U will offer to triple his salary, which would be very tempting for anyone.

I don't think anything else will entice him, because Man U have problems which this new structure involving Ratcliffe and Brailsford is unlikely to improve.

Man Utd will have to bide their time or pay big compensation if they are determined to appoint Dan Ashworth as sporting director because he has a 12-month notice period in his contract at Newcastle, according to the Daily Mail.

1 hour ago, Myleftboot said:

Sure I read this morning he only has 12 months left on a contract.

1 hour ago, sempuki said:

12 month rolling contract apparently. 

It was in the press that he has to give a 12 month working notice if he wants to leave.