Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

8 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Haha I’m exactly the same on Football Manager, that first summer hits different. 

Rest of the season? Don’t give a fuck

It all feels so fresh and new!

Then I remember it's not CM 01/02 anymore and I need to give players individual instructions and team talks that make the wankers irrationally angry even when I compliment them.

Just now, wormy said:

It all feels so fresh and new!

Then I remember it's not CM 01/02 anymore and I need to give players individual instructions and team talks that make the wankers irrationally angry even when I compliment them.

I try my best to keep up with the updates but the last two years have been a bit much. 

I need a Director of Football-esque game

Guest reefatoon

Same height, shoe size and morals as Kim Jong Un. Hope he falls off his Cuban heels the rancid little cunt.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If he’s told us he wants to go, he shouldn’t be allowed to continue to work now imo.

We can put him on gardening leave now but it doesn’t make much sense. We want it confirmed before fucking him off. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

There were rumours of tensions between the two - or did I make that up?

Nothing was reported of this nature until this week. If I’m not wrong Hope said Ashworth has less control than expected. 

I know I'm repeating myself here, but I really can't emphasise enough how much of a red flag it is for someone in that senior and long-term a position to be job hopping amongst competitors in such a short period of time. It'll be his 3rd DoF role within the same league in the space of 5 years. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Eddie is normally pretty evasive with this sort of stuff, but I get the feeling he's not impressed with Ashworth.

I could be reading too much into this, but it seems they don't have the best relationship. Hopefully we can look back at this in a few years time and think it was the best solution overall that he moved on.

15 minutes ago, Menace said:

Yet I'm sure Man U don't give a toss - chances are he'll be at that job for a fair while as well.

Yeah maybe it is a bit for them but I was thinking more for us tbh. If it is true that he's interested in going, which is looking very likely, then I'm of the opinion that we're better off without him tbh. 

I think he was very diplomatic with his comments, he knows that we will sign the next "best in class" available DOF and that processes and people should be able to step up to make sure no momentum is lost. Happens in all companies...

Would like the Manc cnuts to pay through the nose for him though! 7-10 mill would be good enough recompense...