Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Just now, Froggy said:

By doing the same thing we've done for years and paying well over the odds? I don't think so.

The odds are what’s decided by us though, at least until his contract expires as is industry standard, you can ask Ajax about Anthony for further reference. 

I know you love to troll every now and again, but I’m sure you know the way this has been handled has reflect poorly on your new minority owner.  

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Genuine question, would you be calling us a joke if we had just paid £20m straight up?

You're kidding yourself if you don't think the vast vast majority of Newcastle fans would laugh their asses off if we got £20m for Ashworth. It would prove that the Man Utd clown show is still very much in play.

Just now, r0cafella said:

you can ask Ajax about Anthony for further reference. 

It's exactly where I was going with this. We were hammered for what we paid for Antony, and rightly so. It's even worse now because he's absolutely shite.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I know you love to troll every now and again, but I’m sure you know the way this has been handled has reflect poorly on your new minority owner.

Not a huge fan of how he does public interviews throwing shade at other clubs. Hate it actually.

However, he has hired or is hiring Omar Berrada, Jason Wilcox and Dan Ashworth. There's already a stadium task force set up and plans starting to be drawn up. He's already pumped £200m into the club of his own money and has cleared £120m straight off the debt, and is obliged to increase his stake further by the 31st of December.

Whatever negatives he has brought so far, the positives are massively outweighing them.

Just now, Conjo said:

You're kidding yourself if you don't think the vast vast majority of Newcastle fans would laugh their asses off if we got £20m for Ashworth. It would prove that the Man Utd clown show is still very much in play.

Did you mean to reply to me? :lol: Because this is the point I was making.

Just now, Froggy said:

It's exactly where I was going with this. We were hammered for what we paid for Antony, and rightly so. It's even worse now because he's absolutely shite.

Not a huge fan of how he does public interviews throwing shade at other clubs. Hate it actually.

However, he has hired or is hiring Omar Berrada, Jason Wilcox and Dan Ashworth. There's already a stadium task force set up and plans starting to be drawn up. He's already pumped £200m into the club of his own money and has cleared £120m straight off the debt, and is obliged to increase his stake further by the 31st of December.

Whatever negatives he has brought so far, the positives are massively outweighing them.

But this is the point Froggy, if you don’t want overpay then you shouldn’t shop at that super market, it’s why I don’t buy my groceries from Harrods. 

Ashworth can’t go to an Employment Tribunal though, his options are he negotiates his way out of an early release or he ends his notice early and we try to have an injunction put in place to stop him working for Man Utd, or having to claim compensation.

By going to arbitration we will be confident of our position under employment law and Ashworth will not be able to walk out.

Just now, r0cafella said:

But this is the point Froggy, if you don’t want overpay then you shouldn’t shop at that super market, it’s why I don’t buy my groceries from Harrods. 

What if you had to just wait a little while longer and get a full Harrod's shop for the price of a Tesco one, and in the meantime you'd get Waitrose and M&S helping you out until the Harrod's order arrived?

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Did you mean to reply to me? :lol: Because this is the point I was making.

Yes I was :lol: maybe poorly worded saying "you" when I meant a general you since I saw someone trying to imply it would indicate a professionally run Man Utd which it absolutely wouldn't.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

What if you had to just wait a little while longer and get a full Harrod's shop for the price of a Tesco one, and in the meantime you'd get Waitrose and M&S helping you out until the Harrod's order arrived?

Then I wouldn’t go on tv and fucking Moan about having to wait. 

The whole thing stinks like , we value him at a certain price , if that price isn't paid you can't just throw your toys out the pram and threaten arbitration.  What is the point in contracts etc if you can just get out of one by throwing a tantrum like Ashworth and Man United are doing here ?

Then I wouldn’t go on tv and fucking Moan about having to wait. 

You're 71 years of age, patience is no longer a virtue. Cut the old guy some slack.

Just now, Froggy said:

You're 71 years of age, patience is no longer a virtue. Cut the old guy some slack.

:lol: he had patience to campaign and support Brexit whilst being a tax exile so he does have some patience. 

:lol: he had patience to campaign and support Brexit whilst being a tax exile so he does have some patience. 

He was in his 60's then.

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

The whole thing stinks like , we value him at a certain price , if that price isn't paid you can't just throw your toys out the pram and threaten arbitration.  What is the point in contracts etc if you can just get out of one by throwing a tantrum like Ashworth and Man United are doing here ?

It's not that uncommon for contracts to be in breach of labor law. Maybe Ashworth thinks he has a good case by having signed up to something that isn't legally enforceable? 

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It's not that uncommon for contracts to be in breach of labor law. Maybe Ashworth thinks he has a good case by having signed up to something that isn't legally enforceable? 

It is uncommon in the UK. 

16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The old prick will be schlepping into all these life extending clinics like the mega rich are doing. Won’t see the back of the withered Tory wanker until someone sticks a stake in him, hoses him in garlic and holy water, then burns what remains of him.

It'll be considerably more common for employment law to be applied at the executive level. 

I suspect the relevant part of his contract is you are with us until 2026 and you may not work for a rival before that time without our permission. And we are under no obligation to release him from that contract. 

The fact we are where we are suggests to me Ashworth is fucked and probably knows it. He expected Man Utd to pay what they needed to and he'd be over there already. Now he's looking at losing 2 years of his career and it's self inflicted. 

Edited by Cf

Having watched Ineos take over Team Sky and seeing them go from the most dominant team in pro cycling that wins most major races to just another ordinary team now, I’m really not convinced these guys have any idea what they’re doing. This process is not changing my mind.

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

Having watched Ineos take over Team Sky and seeing them go from the most dominant team in pro cycling that wins most major races to just another ordinary team now, I’m really not convinced these guys have any idea what they’re doing. This process is not changing my mind.

Hopefully they do the Red Bull F1 team next.

10 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'd doubt that, but in any case I'd always thought that if a contract wasn't legally enforceable, you didn't have to stick to it anyway. 

Arbitration is surely for when two parties can't agree on something or where there is some ambiguity and it's either forced as a contractual means of dispute resolution (i.e. a route the contract says you have to take first), or both sides genuinely want a third party to rule or find a compromise.

I'd guess we wouldn't want a compromise, and if we're confident in our position let Dan the flowerpot man take it to court instead.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

It's pretty schoolboy stuff. 

If you try and tempt an employee from a rival you make sure you're in a position to actually get them. Either because you know their contract is shortly over or because you've agreed terms to release them early. 

Or you do whatever it is Man Utd are doing. 

Just now, Cf said:

It's pretty schoolboy stuff. 

If you try and tempt an employee from a rival you make sure you're in a position to actually get them. Either because you know their contract is shortly over or because you've agreed terms to release them early. 

Or you do whatever it is Man Utd are doing. 

The funniest thing is a cursory email to one of our directors from Sir rat before he got carried away would have established all of this in advance. He decided to basically tell us to fuck off instead .