Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

Went through my team again and made a fair few changes, i've gone quite heavy on Brighton and Arsenal to start the season as both their opening 4/5 games are really favorable. Think Pedro at 5.5 could be a steal come the end of the season. I want to try and get Odegaard in somehow, but not sure how,  I also needed a throwaway 4.5 midfielder so took a punt on Anderson, as he's likely to get a fair bit of game time this season and has looked decent in pre-season, so it a logical squad filler.

34e100b89247e5ef10d9fbdca38344d4.png

Think that looks balanced, though I want to get one of Bruno Fernandes or Rashford in, and i'm not sure how. I am also completely depleted with funds so doesn't give me much wiggle room going forward.

Going without Trent was my decision, but it's a big call. 

He's just so much more expensive than everyone else. 

Do you want Estupinan if you're not going to play him at home to Luton? Guess he might end up coming in if he's your first sub.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Going without Trent was my decision, but it's a big call. 

He's just so much more expensive than everyone else. 

Do you want Estupinan if you're not going to play him at home to Luton? Guess he might end up coming in if he's your first sub.

I was actually thinking that, bringing in Botman and replacing Maddison with Rashford, Botman would then start on the bench given our tough run of games at the start, and Estupinan would start.

Would also give me 2.0 left in the bank for any early transfers too. Trent is guaranteed points though so its a risk. But I might do it.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think I've ever known a more template defence than this season's. 

Estupinian, Gabriel and either Shaw or Chilwell. It's everywhere 

Every single fucking team is template. Never known a year like it, and last year was bad enough 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's really no reason for it either. Haaland aside, there's nothing to suggest the players being picked are going to be a hit. It's strange to feel like you're being different just by having Kane in your team :lol:

I disagree tbh, I think player by player they're template for a reason. Generally the best bang for your buck for the best teams where you want coverage, with kind early fixtures. 

11 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

Wow, :lol: rate villas defence like?

Just wanted the top three strikers in the league. [emoji38]

But I do think Villa are quite defensive. I reckon they might be a bit like Newcastle for parts of last year and the year before. Now they're respected, teams will sit back against them and they'll struggle to break them down as they're used to playing counter attack. So maybe a fair few 0-0s.

35 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I disagree tbh, I think player by player they're template for a reason. Generally the best bang for your buck for the best teams where you want coverage, with kind early fixtures. 

Yet Odegaard, Kane, Groß, Maddison, Trentham, Salah are nowhere to be seen in these templates. Salah and Trent are understandable in the early fuxtures but you'd expect some variation like, particularly as Rashford and Chilwell are patchy form wise.

34 minutes ago, Beren said:

Just wanted the top three strikers in the league. [emoji38]

But I do think Villa are quite defensive. I reckon they might be a bit like Newcastle for parts of last year and the year before. Now they're respected, teams will sit back against them and they'll struggle to break them down as they're used to playing counter attack. So maybe a fair few 0-0s.

Strikers offer poor value generally. 

Also mad to see so many poor benches. Learnt my lesson over the years not to have decent alternatives on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yet Odegaard, Kane, Groß, Maddison, Trentham, Salah are nowhere to be seen in these templates. Salah and Trent are understandable in the early fuxtures but you'd expect some variation like, particularly as Rashford and Chilwell are patchy form wise.

Kane is understandable as well because he's dead expensive. Everyone has Haaland and the best midfield options are generally £7m+. No Pereira this year at £4.5m to give you funds for elsewhere. Same with Salah and Trent, they are too expensive imo. 

I've chosen Odegaard alongside Saka but I understand why he's least favoured of Saka/Martinelli/him. He's 0.5m more than Martinelli and the same price as Saka who is on pens. Also we don't know the effect of the Havertz signing on Odegaard positionally yet.

Groß is a good shout but honestly it has been a toss-up between Brighton midfielders for quite a while now and more people have gone with Mitoma. I've done this because I think he's more explosive with a higher upside but we'll see. 

Maddison plays for Spurs, might take time to settle and there have been doubts Kane would stay. I've selected him but know it's a bit punty. I think selecting the most risk-averse 15 on day 1 is probably the best strategy because it hopefully limits your need to make wholesale changes with transfers and wildcards in the early stages. 

It is a bit boring but hopefully it will open up a bit. I do have a problem with people blindly following YouTubers or whatever throughout the season but think being fairly close to the template on day 1 is actually a good bet. 

dVMEWAy.png

Getting pretty settled on this. Taken our difficult start in to account. Ake will come out if he's not going to start and I'm not sold on Mac Allister atm. Wasnt thrilled taking Miggy out so he might come in instead of him. Could do with knowing Villas starting back 4. Moreno could go in there instead of Torres.

Edit: No he couldnt, he's injured.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar