Nick Pope

Rich

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Bad mistake for the second goal, but probably just about the least of our worries at the moment.

I'm his BIGGEST fan but that was a poor performance from him today.

Not even going to mention his distribution in any detail. As it’s been done to death and he’s not going to improve that now. 

But he has looked off this season. Either he is taking an age to get himself back up to match sharpness. Or that shoulder is really limiting him.

The 2nd goal is so bad. He is possibly the best in the league for saves with his feet. Often makes unconventional, almost 5-a-side-like keeper saves and just boots it out :lol: Tried to go down when the shot was close to him and got in a right old mess. Really has to be saving that. 

Defensive errors from the team collectively and individually for the Spurs goal and the second yesterday. But he has already been massively at fault for two goals this season. Which is certainly a concern. 

Still, tough gig being a keeper. Saved us 2 points just last week with an outrageous save from Cunha. Then makes a superb block at 2-1 yesterday to keep us in the game. 

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Pope is an elite shot stopper imo however he should have been sold in the summer because of his injury history and age. 

He will be a player we hang on to for too long and wonder why we are in FFP problems. 

You could say the same about Trippier, Wilson and Almiron tbh.

10 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Pope is an elite shot stopper imo however he should have been sold in the summer because of his injury history and age. 

He will be a player we hang on to for too long and wonder why we are in FFP problems. 

Not having a dig as genuinely interested in your thoughts… What would a realistic sale have looked like? Price, who to and price of realistic replacement?

I fully admit I’m old fashioned and struggle to countenance selling our better players etc. hence the question 

3 minutes ago, Monters said:

Not having a dig as genuinely interested in your thoughts… What would a realistic sale have looked like? Price, who to and price of realistic replacement?

I fully admit I’m old fashioned and struggle to countenance selling our better players etc. hence the question 

You get 15-20m for him for sure. 

How much did Liverpool pay for Mama? 

We are FFP restricted, we are selling someonex who isn’t going to improve and is ageing for someone who is younger and is going to improve. We have to flexible as a club because our commercial revenue is way behind and it isn’t going to allow us to catch up to the sky 6. 

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You get 15-20m for him for sure. 

How much did Liverpool pay for Mama? 

We are FFP restricted, we are selling someonex who isn’t going to improve and is ageing for someone who is younger and is going to improve. We have to flexible as a club because our commercial revenue is way behind and it isn’t going to allow us to catch up to the sky 6. 

I get the commercials etc. and see the point about Pope not improving but not sure how the figures help improve the picture that massively. 

20 mill would be circa 14 profit

minimum 30 mill (6 per year) replacement on potentially higher wages…

If we had a better overall squad then fine but desperate for right wing, CH & CF but…

Like I say dinosaur so happy for anything glaring to pointed out

Edited by Monters

4 minutes ago, Monters said:

I get the commercials etc. and see the point about Pope not improving but not sure how the figures help improve the picture that massively. 

20 mill would be circa 14 profit

minimum 30 mill (6 per year) replacement on potentially higher wages…

If we had a better overall squad then fine but desperate for right wing, CH & CF but…

Like I say dinosaur so happy for anything glaring to pointed out

Yeah, the goal isn’t to make a profit on selling pope and buying a replacement. The profit comes when you sell the replacement down the line. 

and remember. Pope has a low book value so you get a nice chunk of profit and the fee for the replacement is amortised. You come out ahead in FFP terms with such a deal. 

7 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

It’s the shoulder, you’ll notice he only does it to shots on his left. 

His slow motion dive to his right was ridiculous.  What was the reason behind that?