Nick Pope

Rich

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

You get 15-20m for him for sure. 

How much did Liverpool pay for Mama? 

We are FFP restricted, we are selling someonex who isn’t going to improve and is ageing for someone who is younger and is going to improve. We have to flexible as a club because our commercial revenue is way behind and it isn’t going to allow us to catch up to the sky 6. 

You reckon we get £15-20m for Pope next summer? I would be surprised.

Among other things one of the ongoing problems with our bargaining position for most sales is we blatantly want the sales to go through.

Edited by 80

1 hour ago, 80 said:

You reckon we get £15-20m for Pope next summer? I would be surprised.

Among other things one of the ongoing problems with our bargaining position for most sales is we blatantly want the sales to go through.

No probably not because once again we’ve held on to him for too long he should have been let go this summer. 

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

No probably not because once again we’ve held on to him for too long he should have been let go this summer. 

Ah right. But even so, with him still not fully over dislocating his shoulder a second time, I think we'd have been looking at breaking even at best.

Edited by 80

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

Ah right. But even so, with him still not fully over dislocating his shoulder a second time, I think we'd have been looking at breaking even at best.

Possible, it’s still something I’d have looked to do mind. 

and to be clear, he’s the best stopper I’ve seen play for but FFP means we have to box clever. 

On 23/09/2024 at 07:40, Coffee_Johnny said:

The Burn own goal was a scoop to the right, I think?

Nah.  It was his left.  Ball came back in, he saved it after his fuck up and Burn blasted it in for some reason :lol: 

On 23/09/2024 at 00:31, 80 said:

Agree with this.  What sort of money would we be getting for him off the back of that injury?  Who were we going to replace him with when we were already struggling with PSR and that Marmaduke fella was being touted for about £30-40m?  Get Trafford in and hope he suddenly gets better at such a young age, but for quite a large fee?  Would it even make sense at the numbers quoted at that point to change keepers for a bit of a loss or for no gain PSR-wise? 

Obviously we could have got yet another keeper in.  As we didn't spend fuck all :lol: but I doubt that was expected by many. 

Surely Pope would be worth loads to any team to don't play with a high line / play out from the back? He's an unreal shot stopper 

Cant say I watch them, but wouldn't he do well at West Ham who sit deep and don't really play 'football' as most teams try to? 

1 minute ago, janpawel said:

Surely Pope would be worth loads to any team to don't play with a high line / play out from the back? He's an unreal shot stopper 

Cant say I watch them, but wouldn't he do well at West Ham who sit deep and don't really play 'football' as most teams try to? 

Arguably his greatest asset for us, has been how good he is as a sweeper keeper.  Meaning we can push higher up the pitch. 

But we haven't played with such a high line since the 4th place season and he also doesn't seem quite as confident/suicidal with flying off his line these days, anyway.