Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

58 minutes ago, plenum said:

Re. hospitality. Do you sit in a box or given a regular seat in the open?

Regular padded seat, it's behind the platinum club area.

edit: barracks that is.

Edited by JackieDoor

50 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I had a hospitality seat for a game last year- meal before the game in the area above Shearer’s, then got walked around the outside of the stadium and got sat in a regular seat around L2G/H in the Milburn stand, near the Leazes West corner.

That's a bit shit that like. Especially in the winter ???

Met up with a fair few mates after the game. Including one who has never been interested in football but was successful in the ballot. 

The conversation came onto the match. 

“Aye, it was a shame Isaak was subbed off. Quite rare to see a striker subbed off when he’d scored a brace.”

”What’s a brace?”

[emoji38]

10 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Met up with a fair few mates after the game. Including one who has never been interested in football but was successful in the ballot. 

The conversation came onto the match. 

“Aye, it was a shame Isaak was subbed off. Quite rare to see a striker subbed off when he’d scored a brace.”

”What’s a brace?”

[emoji38]

Something what keeps ya teeth back.

20 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Not a scientific study this but just a hunch, felt like there were way more bairns there than last season. Granted I was in L7, apparently all of which is the family section, but noticed it outside as well.

Presumably not aged between 14-17…

Getting into the ground was a bit of a nightmare yesterday. Got to the ground between 16:50 and 17:00 and I've never seen a queue like it. Got into the ground midway through Local Hero. 

Do not know a single upside of digital tickets.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Getting into the ground was a bit of a nightmare yesterday. Got to the ground between 16:50 and 17:00 and I've never seen a queue like it. Got into the ground midway through Local Hero. 

Do not know a single upside of digital tickets.

Seems like the general consensus was that the East Stand was way worse than everywhere else?

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Seems like the general consensus was that the East Stand was way worse than everywhere else?

It got worse when we swapped to smartcards and never got any better. It's because the average age in the East Stand is like 85 and putting a phone on a pad and keeping it there until it beeps is too technologically complex.

Got to the ground the same time as my mate who sits in the LEazes, he walked straight in without having to quque, I was stuck outside for 15 minutes.

Just now, SteV said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Queue was down Terrace Place. People standing in what they think is a queue but they're actually cutting into it which annoyed people; wouldn't be surprised if it kicks off if that keeps happening. 

Scanning the tickets to actually get in took no time at all, stewards were telling people what to do, where to scan et cetera so I've no idea why the queue was so bad. 

There was a massive queue for my turnstile at the leazes at 5, thought we would miss the start. But a couple of turnstiles down was no queue at all, so we just went in there. 

I think having just one turnstile on the ticket was a bad idea, stopped people from being able to spread out. 

Literally took 2 seconds to get through mind, so I have no idea why there were any queues at all. 

If anything it’s quicker than trying to get the barcode in the reader correctly. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There was a massive queue for my turnstile at the leazes at 5, thought we would miss the start. But a couple

of turnstiles down was no queue at all, so we just went in there. 

I think having just one turnstile on the ticket was a bad idea, stopped people from being able to spread out. 

There's usually a wide range of available turnstiles on the ticket. Mine would've officially let me in about 6 different turnstiles yesterday. The problem was they were all rammed. 

I don't think it was even down to there being more old people in the East Stand. It seemed like one in every 10 people or so had an issue with it detecting their ticket. Multiple tickets on one device seemed to be a right clart which was also slowing things down. If it's the same again for Liverpool they're going to have to rethink the whole thing. 

I'm in the leazes...walked up the back of the east stand and aye there were queues ....but leazes spot on...straight in. Not sure if East stand issues are to do with the number of turnstiles, a technology thing, or maybe an older age demographic in that stand is part of it.

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

After a few games any issues will be gone as people get used to what to do. My understanding is that you can also print out the digital ticket at home and bring the paper just the same as an airline ticket?

There's no print ability.

37 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

There's usually a wide range of available turnstiles on the ticket. Mine would've officially let me in about 6 different turnstiles yesterday. The problem was they were all rammed. 

I don't think it was even down to there being more old people in the East Stand. It seemed like one in every 10 people or so had an issue with it detecting their ticket. Multiple tickets on one device seemed to be a right clart which was also slowing things down. If it's the same again for Liverpool they're going to have to rethink the whole thing. 

You can use any turnstile even if it's not on the ticket. 

8 minutes ago, OverThere said:

After a few games any issues will be gone as people get used to what to do. My understanding is that you can also print out the digital ticket at home and bring the paper just the same as an airline ticket?

Don’t think so, they’re NFC tags rather than barcodes. 

Although some people have mentioned barcodes I don’t know how you get one. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

From my sample size of 3 people, it would appear that Apple pay = no barcode, whereas Google wallet = barcode. 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's for android devices, it becomes available if you turn off NFC.

Edited by El Prontonise