Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

47 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

It's good that the club were willing to act so fast but ultimately the new solution is just a bit less shit than the one they implemented yesterday. 

They've had all summer to come up with something. For them to leave is this late before the season starts, think this is the best way to operate tickets for members and not inform fans of it before they took everyone's money just seems really amateurish. 

It’s almost as if they planned it this way.

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And that’s fair? Someone buys a seat for all of the matches but is more or less forced to leave it empty for some games?

It’s all about making money from fans and it’s being carried out in a pretty callous way imo.

Not so long ago we were giving out free half season tickets - no fan was holding onto a ST in the hope that they’d turn a profit in a few years by selling tickets for games. If the club want to route out this type, if there are any, just look at any who managed to get multiple ST after the takeover and take a look.

Yep- despite not being in the North East much of the time, I’ve kept my season ticket on because I like going to the games when I’m back. It’s only now that that is a problem. For years I couldn’t give match tickets away. 

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And that’s fair? Someone buys a seat for all of the matches but is more or less forced to leave it empty for some games?

It’s all about making money from fans and it’s being carried out in a pretty callous way imo.

Not so long ago we were giving out free half season tickets - no fan was holding onto a ST in the hope that they’d turn a profit in a few years by selling tickets for games. If the club want to route out this type, if there are any, just look at any who managed to get multiple ST after the takeover and take a look.

I don’t think it’s fair but, for most clubs, season tickets are a way to get money in  quicker and have guaranteed income. Benefit for season ticket holder is paying less than match by match tickets for paying early. Were never supposed to be used by multiple people but was no way to stop it and they wanted to sell more so didn’t want to try.

I’d be of the opinion that they’ve given me the option to buy it so I can give it to whoever I want but think it’s always been the case it should only have been used by one person.

17 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yes, it seems so.

Not if the ticket had already been added to a digital wallet already. Certainly was the case when I tried that via android/Google pay

6 minutes ago, NITON said:

Not if the ticket had already been added to a digital wallet already. Certainly was the case when I tried that via android/Google pay

Hmmm. I’m gonna try with my mates now then.

Yeah you can only add it once.

For away games and ad hoc checks - it mentions appropriate proof of ID. I can’t see anywhere where this is defined, debit card/ photo ID, who knows. No chance I’m taking my DL or Passport to an away game.

My mates ticket seems to have downloaded fine for me? Showing in my wallet anyway.

I paid for it (officially) like, not sure if that makes a difference, but everything connected to it is in his name.

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

100% this

@Heron We need a Wor Flags banner with that on for the Villa game please O0

We've made our feelings know on Twitter and also with the supporter liaison officers at the club. Display plans are already afoot for Villa but discussions are being had around a more visual/public display, nothing decided as of yet though.

1 hour ago, Paully said:

As per Paully‘s post, Silverstone says is this interview we’ve sold over 50k memberships (that’s how I take what he’s said anyway, is there another interpretation?), which is an incredible number IMO, certainly more than I expected, even if it’s a bit less than the Twitter ITK’s claimed, and not quite Burnsie’s 200k+.

41 minutes ago, Heron said:

We've made our feelings know on Twitter and also with the supporter liaison officers at the club. Display plans are already afoot for Villa but discussions are being had around a more visual/public display, nothing decided as of yet though.

A display about the ticketing situation?

24 minutes ago, Wandy said:

A display about the ticketing situation?

No. Our standard display.

Not sure what (if anything) we're doing regarding the ticketing except for the tweets and private communications with the club. However, we are making our feelings known.

12 minutes ago, Heron said:

No. Our standard display.

Not sure what (if anything) we're doing regarding the ticketing except for the tweets and private communications with the club. However, we are making our feelings known.

Let them know that not being able to select your own seat is unacceptable. Youse have decent clout with them so you might get somewhere with it. 

Must be issues with having the right number of seats available doing it through a ballot and people picking seats. Could have a group of 3 or more being allocated tickets then logging on to buy and isn’t that number togther there any more.

No idea where you’d be sitting at an away game.

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s almost as if they planned it this way.

Aye, maybe it's just my cynical mind since the previous regime destroyed my faith, but this does seem like this was done as a bit of a PR "look at us, listening to the fans". Don't get me wrong, I love what the new board have done with regards to fan relations and hopefully if this was done intentionally then I hope it was done simply as a demonstration of how they are now so open with us. Or it's just they were shite with the tickets plans and then managed to change a system and drop out a press release in 24 hours. Or jet fuel/steel beams etc, whichever.

1 hour ago, Stal said:

Aye, maybe it's just my cynical mind since the previous regime destroyed my faith, but this does seem like this was done as a bit of a PR "look at us, listening to the fans". Don't get me wrong, I love what the new board have done with regards to fan relations and hopefully if this was done intentionally then I hope it was done simply as a demonstration of how they are now so open with us. Or it's just they were shite with the tickets plans and then managed to change a system and drop out a press release in 24 hours. Or jet fuel/steel beams etc, whichever.

Feels more like standard bad planning than 4D chess to me.  

6 hours ago, Stal said:

I was saying to mates in a group chat yesterday that the manager at the ticket office needs to be brought in and explain what happens.

Every year they fuck things up and act all surprised that people want to do things like renew season tickets. Ok, some of it in the past may have been down to Ashley and how they were not provided with funds for staff and systems, but you have every area of the club being told to go to the owners and tell them what they need. It doesn’t matter if you are Howe needing a player, or the tea lady needing new cups.

They obviously haven’t went to the new owners and said that they need more to do their job. This is especially true since they have brought in new digital tickets, they should have turned around and said we don’t have enough staff to help people transition and don’t have a computer system that lets us do what we need to do.

They should have been pausing with the club through out the season to know how much they need to sell season tickets etc for. Coming up to the end of the season they should have had price plans for each scenario in mind, so the day after the final day of the season they could have opened up season tickets for renewal and allow that to last until July. They should have known what they were changing and communicated it with the fans in advance so they could tweet things if required.

It honestly like the ticket office manager gets to the end of May and is surprised that people want to renew their season tickets, and memberships for the new season.

Imagine if a supermarket ordered no bread and milk, acted all surprised that there was queue of people wanting some, and scrambling around half way through the day to organise a delivery.

The fact that they mess things up every year suggests to me that it’s the ticket office to blame, and this time they have dragged the club into a PR disaster with its own match going fans.

Definitely some steep increases in match day ticket prices from last season, probably comparable to other top 6 clubs but could maybe have been done more gradually in the current economic climate.

From .com

And while much furore was generated by the lack of choice over tickets, the increased prices charged for seeing Aston Villa at SJP are worthy of note:

Season 2022/23:

Family £25
Cat 3 £35
Cat 2 £35
Cat 1 £tbc
Platinum £58

Season 2023/24:

Family £31
Cat 3 £44
Cat 2 £44
Cat 1 £56
Platinum £74

Edited by Whitley mag

Can imagine the scenes inside the club as the season approaches…..

Ok everyone, welcome to the staff meeting, we kick off against Villa 12th August, we need to be sorted, big season coming up !

Lets work through the essentials yeah

Got enough players ? Aye

Got a manager ? Aye

Got some goal posts and nets ? Aye

Got grass and white paint on the pitch ? Aye

Got flags for the corners ? Aye 

Got some strips for the players ? Aye

Got a ball ? Aye

Got some tickets fans can buy ? Ermmm, not exactly 

Edited by bobbydazzla

27 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Definitely some steep increases in match day ticket prices from last season, probably comparable to other top 6 clubs but could maybe have been done more gradually in the current economic climate.

From .com

And while much furore was generated by the lack of choice over tickets, the increased prices charged for seeing Aston Villa at SJP are worthy of note:

Season 2022/23:

Family £25
Cat 3 £35
Cat 2 £35
Cat 1 £tbc
Platinum £58

Season 2023/24:

Family £31
Cat 3 £44
Cat 2 £44
Cat 1 £56
Platinum £74

pointed this out a couple of days ago, a 30% increase on the price for the corresponding fixture last season is outrageous. my digital (minus pen or wallet or whatever it was) membership last season I think was £25, gone up by as near as dammit 50%

I don't suppose we'll ever know what number memberships were capped at last season but if there's any truth in the rumoured 50,000 for this season I wouldn't be at all surprised if its doubled now, netting the club another £1.5m last week.

these rises are in my opinion too steep too soon.

first time my £44 lands me a seat out the hat (if indeed I ever get drawn out of it) with an ants eye view of the game in the front row of wherever I might well opt out, I'd prefer the back row of l7. I'm sure there'll be people placed up there whose eyesight means they'd have rather watched it on the tv. bit farcical I think.

Edited by thepercyarms

11 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Did you get an error or would it not download for you?

Got a message saying it was already downloaded to another wallet and would need to be removed from that wallet to be able to be added to another device

11 hours ago, SteV said:

My mates ticket seems to have downloaded fine for me? Showing in my wallet anyway.

I paid for it (officially) like, not sure if that makes a difference, but everything connected to it is in his name.

Had your mate downloaded it to his device/wallet?