Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

3 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Friend can't go so offered his seats for me and son, appears to be a right palava something along the lines of linking accounts to use there tickets seems to get complicated

Once you know what you’re doing it should be dead easy. Can’t actually transfer it over to you until Monday though.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know you can’t judge your chances on one ballot, but feels really bad. 

Going from attending every home game to not knowing about any is such a strange feeling. In the space of a few weeks. It’s quite life changing really, not being able to plan to attend games. 

I guess I stepped back from the club during the Ashley years, might just need to do it again :(

Aye, missed four games last season, two I didn’t apply for and two missed out. No ticket for me in the first ballot, doesn’t bode well 😞 

20 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

What's the most effective way to let the club know that there's a very frustrated group of regular match goers who now can't get tickets and are very pissed off about the situation.

Channel it via the likes of NUST and @Greg ?

Go on lots of solo missions with emails to Supporter Relations ?

There's a group of us on here who have ploughed money, time and emotion into being at every game since the new regime took over and now many of us can no longer get into the ground. Am sure there's plenty of people out there in the real world who are in the same position too.

It's got to be worth trying to fight for a change.

I’ve been to pretty much every game since the takeover too. I imagined that there would have been some look at prior purchase history when it came to this season.

Frustrating that come the Liverpool game I’ve got just as much of a chance of a ticket as a scouser who wakes up on the morning of the ballot and decides it’s worth a £37 punt for a 1 in 3 chance of a ticket.

This page sums up why it's impossible to please everyone like. The ones lucky enough to be in a situation to log in with several browsers open at 10am on a morning now have the same chance as those who couldn't. I have as much right as anyone for a chance of going to games. 

There should have been a cap on memberships with previous members getting to renew. I get that it creates revenue for the club but it’s not worth the £37 if you can’t get any tickets. 

You’ll have people who usually choose to go to a handful of games a season putting themselves into every ballot given the chances now. It’s really shit for folk who used to go to every game through a membership but don’t think the club have many options. The 10am race was shit for many others too.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This page sums up why it's impossible to please everyone like. The ones lucky enough to be in a situation to log in with several browsers open at 10am on a morning now have the same chance as those who couldn't. I have as much right as anyone for a chance of going to games. 

:thup: Disappointed to have not gotten a ticket today but fuck it, at least I got a chance to try.

EDIT: That's not to say I'm content with the rest of the shit show that is how they've implemented it.

Edited by wormy

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I wish you'd asked like I could have sorted for you most games :lol:

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Oh absolutely, I’ve said a few times that this way is fairer for people who can’t log on at a certain time. 

On 03/08/2023 at 11:35, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Worrying thing about the Silverstone interview was the bit where he said “if people don’t download the tickets, it will make it look like the club haven’t done the right the thing”. 

I don’t think someone customer-focused would say that, they would know that the responsibility is on the system to work for people.

Totally agree, this stood out a mile to anyone listening closely. If people have bother getting in that's on the club, simple as that.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Oh absolutely, I’ve said a few times that this way is fairer for people who can’t log on at a certain time. 

:thup: 

It's almost impossible. Think they're exhausting every option they can. Ballot, re-sale, linking friend and family accounts, small number for general sale...a lot of people will be disappointed.

19 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

You’ll have people who usually choose to go to a handful of games a season putting themselves into every ballot given the chances now. It’s really shit for folk who used to go to every game through a membership but don’t think the club have many options. The 10am race was shit for many others too.

100% agree that 10am scramble wasn’t fair on those who can’t be in front of a screen at the time tickets went on sale

a workaround for them was to link to someone who could, but that’s by the by

lobbing everyone into a massive unlimited pot and picking out winners at random is equally as unfair on those who have a history of being match going regulars

there’s probably loads of people out there who couldn’t log on at 10am and also haven’t got lucky in the ballot. they’re getting fucked in both holes. 

there must be a solution that works that’s better than this current shitstorm they’ve created

its 2023 for fucks sake and loads of events have a greater demand for tickets than supply  

Edited by bobbydazzla

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It worked for some and didn’t work for others. The ballot in theory works of course.  

But a forever uncapped membership (57,000 in 24 hours and growing to god knows what) with no tangible benefit other than a chance of entering the ballot (despite what Silverstone says. 15% off at Shearer’s doesn’t hack it) - and with no thought process into any form of loyalty to many with long ticketing history, feels like a massive kick in the dick to many.

The way Silverstone talks we could clearly end up in a position with hundred(s) of thousands of members ‘so they know who is in the stadium’ and ‘who our real fans are’. It’s clearly about money (which is fine) and it’s clearly about expanding the fan base (which is also fine). But it still hurts many who have also put a hell of a lot into the club financially and emotionally in the last 2 years and seemingly have been given no reward - or any notification of a potential reward in future (whatever that may be? That there has been no mention of this, also feels like we’re all on tbe same benefit level moving forward. Which we clearly are).

I understand your frustrations with the old system @Optimistic Nut. That’s totally valid. Some of us clearly benefitted from the old system. But certainly from my perspective, 4 close friends all linking our memberships together and logging in every week without fail in the hope we got a good queue number - certainly showed our mad shit devotion to it. I wonder how many of the 57,000+ REALLY care? If they did, they’d have bought a membership on Day 1 last year - but they didn’t. 

They can’t ever do purchase based loyalty for members now, unless it’s based on number of ballot entries. For a future season ticket waiting list, for example. 

I am amazed they sold so many memberships though, it didn’t seem like I heard from that many people last season who couldn’t get a ticket. Maybe they just didn’t complain enough. 

The 10am login was unfair like. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

The issue I see; if there is some random points tally associated with how many games you've attended as member that goes towards applying for a season ticket, it's going to cause fury. 

Just now, OCK said:

The issue I see; if there is some random points tally associated with how many games you've attended as member that goes towards applying for a season ticket, it's going to cause fury. 

Yeah they can’t ever use purchase history now. Unless it’s ballot entry history. 

They should just put every single seat in the ground into a ballot for every game.

See how that goes down. 

“Season ticket holder for 84 years, don’t give a fuck mate, we’re growing the customer base. Shut the fuck up and get in the ballot”

Edited by bobbydazzla